Digital TV News: beIN
Virgin Media unveils FAST channels powered by Amagi and 24i
Aug 23, 2023 – Amagi, in collaboration with 24i, has announced that Virgin Media has used its integrated solution to launch and monetize a new line-up of themed FAST channels on Virgin TV.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, Virgin Media, Srinivasan KA, Donald McGarva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
beIN MEDIA teams up with Synamedia for UX upgrade
Aug 22, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled that beIN MEDIA GROUP chose Synamedia to upgrade the UX on its beIN TV and beIN TV VIP hybrid DTH and IP 4K Kaon STB platforms, in time for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
News categories: Synamedia, beIN MEDIA, Lucy Norris, Saleem Shah, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Brazil and Mexico outpace U.S. in CTV adoption
Aug 17, 2023 – The latest edition of Amagi's Quarterly Global FAST Report reveals a surge in CTV adoption rates in Brazil (94%) and Mexico (93%), outpacing the U.S. where adoption is at 80.6%.
News categories: Amagi, Baskar Subramanian, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi and TCL partner on FAST in the U.S.
Jul 13, 2023 – Amagi has been selected by TCL to support TCL TV in the US, delivering FAST channels to the platform via an end-to-end service covering streaming, distribution, and monetization.
News categories: Amagi, TCL, Srinivasan KA, Mark Zhang, Haohong Wang, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America, Streaming
Astro launches FAST services on 'sooka' streaming service with Amagi
Jul 6, 2023 – Amagi has announced a partnership with Astro to support the launch of Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) services on sooka, Astro's standalone streaming service in Malaysia.
News categories: Amagi, Astro, sooka, Srinivasan KA, Chu Young Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
May 24, 2023 – beIN MEDIA and Google Cloud are to explore the use of Google Cloud data analytics and machine learning to deliver more personalized and relevant experiences across beIN's services.
News categories: BeIN Media, Google Cloud, Israel Esteban, Anthony Cirot, Ghassan Kosta, Big Data, Digital TV, Qatar, UX
Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
May 23, 2023 – Astro has added WeTV, a streaming service from Tencent, to its Ultra Box. Astro customers can access the entertainment content by adding WeTV VIP to their Astro subscription.
News categories: Astro, WeTV, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
NHL appoints Amagi as FAST channel technology provider
May 8, 2023 – Amagi has announced that the National Hockey League (NHL) has selected the company to create and distribute its first FAST channel to The Roku Channel, and other platforms in the future.
News categories: Amagi, National Hockey League, Srinivasan KA, Chris Foster, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amagi powers FAST channels at Estrella Media
Apr 17, 2023 – Amagi has expanded its partnership with Estrella Media to streamline the ingest segmentation, creation, distribution, and monetization of Estrella's FAST channels.
News categories: Amagi, Estrella Media, Srinivasan KA, René Santaella, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set