Digital TV News: beIN SPORTS
Cox Media Group expands digital streaming with Amagi
Apr 22, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Cox Media Group (CMG) has chosen Amagi to power its streaming across connected TV, mobile, web, and distribution as CMG launches a major expansion of its free digital streaming strategy.
News categories: Amagi, Cox Media Group, Srinivasan KA, Marian Pittman, Mark Beck, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amagi announces VOD orchestration solution for content owners
Apr 12, 2022 – Amagi has announced availability of Amagi ON-DEMAND, its content management solution for orchestrating VOD content workflows. The product offers an 'ingest-once-for-multiple-deliveries' option to content owners.
News categories: Amagi, KA Srinivasan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi to provide content aggregation and playout for Spark Sport 1
Mar 5, 2022 – Amagi as partnered with Spark Sport, a New Zealand-based sports streaming service, to provide content aggregation and playout services for their OTT linear channel, Spark Sport 1. Spark Sport offers live and on-demand sports content.
News categories: Amagi, Spark Sport, Srinivasan KA, Matt Orange, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
TOD unveils streaming platform for the MENA region
Mar 1, 2022 – TOD, a subscription-based OTT service, has been unveiled to audiences across the MENA region. The streaming platform exclusively hosts beIN SPORTS' sports programming and is available on multiple platforms across web, Android, and iOS devices.
News categories: TOD, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
Jan 17, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Video Solutions AG has partnered with it to launch, distribute and monetize two AVOD channels – one in Germany and one in UK - on Samsung TV Plus, LG, Phillips, TCL, and Xiaomi.
News categories: Amagi, Video Solutions AG, Srinivasan KA, Chris Sharp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
UniversCiné rolled out on Samsung TV Plus with Amagi
Dec 8, 2021 – Amagi has announced that UniversCiné is partnering with Amagi for the launch and playout of its channel to Samsung TV Plus. Amagi enabled the roll out of UniversCiné's channel using its cloud playout platform, Amagi CLOUDPORT.
News categories: Amagi, UniversCiné, Srinivasan KA, Romain Dubois, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Xiaomi's linear TV service goes global with Amagi
Nov 2, 2021 – Amagi has partnered with Xiaomi to manage and monetize its linear TV and VOD offerings for mobile and connected TV consumers in multiple countries. The content would be part of Xiaomi's direct-to-consumer app.
News categories: Amagi, Xiaomi, Srinivasan KA, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
TripleLift and Amagi scale 'In-Show' programmatic CTV advertising
Oct 6, 2021 – TripleLift and Amagi have announced a partnership agreement to scale 'In-Show' programmatic advertising. TripleLift integrates brands into TV programs. Amagi plugs that into consumer media platforms.
News categories: TripleLift, Amagi, Michael Shields, Sudhir Shabad, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
Sep 14, 2021 – Amagi has extended its partnership with Rakuten TV. For Rakuten TV, Amagi is delivering a line-up of nearly 50 linear channels, working alongside Rakuten TV's monetization partner Rakuten Advertising.
News categories: Amagi, Rakuten TV, Srinivasan KA, Jacinto Roca, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV