Digital TV News: Andrew Ferrone
Roku adds DTT tuner to 4K HDR streaming player
Oct 26, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the availability of its first 4K UHD HDR capable hybrid OTA streaming player for Roku Powered partners. Telstra is the first Roku Powered licensee to deploy the new 4K HDR hybrid streaming player.
News categories: Roku, Telstra, Andrew Ferrone, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Roku to power Globe Streamwatch player in the Philippines
Oct 24, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and Globe Telecom have announced the signing of a licensing agreement allowing Globe to use Roku's streaming platform to deliver video services to its customers. Globe will launch the Streamwatch player in the Philippines by November this year.
News categories: Roku, Globe Telecom, Andrew Ferrone, Martha Sazon, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Roku powers Kwesé Play streaming platform in Africa
Sep 14, 2017 – Roku and Econet Media have announced that the companies have entered a Roku Powered license agreement for the launch of streaming TV service Kwesé Play. The Kwesé Play service and streaming player are now available in South Africa.
News categories: Roku, Econet Media, Andrew Ferrone, Joseph Hundah, Apps, Digital TV, IBC, OTT, Set Top Box, South Africa
PLDT announces next generation TVolution streaming box
Apr 26, 2017 – PLDT has announced the next generation of its TVolution streaming box. PLDT has worked with Roku to deliver to its customers a fully proven solution that is easy to use and loaded with great content.
News categories: PLDT, Roku, Oscar Reyes Jr, Andrew Ferrone, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
PLDT licenses Roku to launch streaming service and player
Sep 9, 2016 – Roku and PLDT have announced that PLDT is the fifth operator that has joined the Roku Powered program, and the first operator in Asia to leverage the Roku streaming platform to deliver TV services to its broadband customers.
News categories: Roku, PLDT, Andrew Ferrone, Oscar Reyes Jr, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Cisco to bring VideoGuard protection to Roku devices
May 16, 2016 – Cisco and Roku have announced a collaboration to enable the Cisco VideoGuard Everywhere video service protection solution on Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Roku, Charter Communications, Rajeev Raman, Andrew Ferrone, Jim Blackley, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Roku developing set-top box for operator partners
Jan 29, 2016 – Roku has announced that it is developing a hybrid set-top box that will be available for production by Roku Powered partners. Sky will be the first Roku Powered operator to deploy the box as part of its NOW TV service in the UK.
News categories: Roku, Sky, Andrew Ferrone, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, Worldwide
Telstra unveils new Telstra TV streaming device
Oct 16, 2015 – Telstra has unveiled its Telstra TV streaming device. Telstra TV is a streaming player that allows Telstra broadband customers to watch the most popular streaming services, rent the latest blockbuster films and catch up on their favourite TV shows.
News categories: Telstra, Roku, Joe Pollard, Andrew Ferrone, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Charter launches Spectrum TV as a Roku app
Oct 12, 2015 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) has announced that its Spectrum TV App is now available as a channel on Roku players and Roku TVs. Charter TV customers are able to stream Spectrum TV content to any TV in the home connected to a Roku device.
News categories: Charter Communications, Roku, Tom Rutledge, Andrew Ferrone, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020