Digital TV News: Andrew House
PlayStation VR install base reaches 2 million units worldwide
Dec 7, 2017 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has announced sales milestones. On December 3, 2017, PlayStation 4 (PS4) had cumulatively sold more than 70.6 million units to consumers worldwide, and PlayStation VR (PS VR) had sold more than 2M units.
News categories: Sony Interactive Entertainment, Andrew House, Gaming, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
PS4 sales surpass 30.2 million units worldwide
Nov 25, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has announced that the PlayStation4 (PS4) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 30.2 million units worldwide. PS4 continues to demonstrate the fastest and strongest growth in PlayStation hardware history.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Andrew House, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
PlayStation Vue launches on PS3 and PS4 consoles
Mar 18, 2015 – Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) have announced that PlayStation Vue, their cloud-based TV service, has launched on PlayStation 4 (PS4) and PlayStation 3 (PS3) computer entertainment systems.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Entertainment Network, Andrew House, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, USA
Playstation Network to become premium entertainment service brand
Jan 28, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) and Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) have announced that PlayStation™Network (PSN) will be the premium entertainment service brand which encompasses games, TV, video and music services.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Network Entertainment International, Andrew House, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, Worldwide
Sony unveils PlayStation Vue cloud-based TV Service
Nov 13, 2014 – Sony has unveiled PlayStation Vue. PlayStation Vue leverages the power of the cloud to combine live, on-demand, and catch-up TV content with a user interface that delivers personalization and simplicity.
News categories: PlayStation, Sony Network Entertainment, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, Tablet, USA
PlayStation4 sales surpass 10 million units worldwide
Aug 12, 2014 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 10 million units worldwide as of August 10, 2014.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Andrew House, Gaming, Market Research, Worldwide
PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service for Europe Now Available for PS3 and PSP
Nov 19, 2009 – Sony (NYSE:SNE) has launched its PlayStation®Network video delivery service for Europe. Now available in France, Germany, Spain and the UK the service allows film fans to download movies straight to their PlayStation®3 (PS3™) and PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable).
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Germany, OTT, Spain, Tablet, UK
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic