Digital TV News: Applicaster
Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
Oct 22, 2020 – Applicaster has launched Fast Forward Solutions, a multi-partner technology stack that accelerates video app development. Fast Forward Solutions enables apps to be launched on eight OTT platforms in as few as four weeks.
News categories: Applicaster, Devra Prywes, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
54% of US broadband households now own a smart TV
Jun 24, 2020 – Parks Associates has released a whitepaper which finds more than 50% of US broadband households own at least one smart TV, making the smart TV the primary platform for video services at a time when content consumption is increasing dramatically.
News categories: Parks Associates, Applicaster, Steve Nason, Jonathan Laor, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
Jun 3, 2020 – Applicaster has launched Quick Brick, an app development framework within its SaaS app development platform, Zapp. The Zapp enhancement enables UIs to be quickly built, and optimized after launch by non-developers.
News categories: Applicaster, Jonathan Laor, Apps, Digital TV, Worldwide
ZEE5 chooses Applicaster to enhance the app experience
Oct 3, 2019 – Applicaster has been chosen by ZEE5 to enhance the user experience and application experience. The partnership will focus on updating the ZEE5 app interface to mirror the evolving preferences of the new-age OTT viewer using Applicaster’s Zapp platform.
News categories: Applicaster, ZEE5, Jonathan Laor, Rajneel Kumar, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
ZEE5 partners with Applicaster to improve viewer experience
Jun 10, 2019 – ZEE5 has announced a partnership with Applicaster to redesign the user interface of its ZEE5 app. As well as Applicaster, ZEE5 has worked with several other Israeli startups to add Artificial Intelligence (AI) and interactive features to its platform.
News categories: Applicaster, ZEE5, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
Applicaster secures $20M growth funding
Mar 26, 2019 – Applicaster has announced a $20M growth round of funding. The funding round, led by Viola Growth and backed by further investment from 83 North, Pitango, Saban Ventures, and Planven Investments, will be used to expand the company’s global presence and product set.
News categories: Applicaster, Jonathan Laor, Eran Westman, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand