Digital TV News: BC Partners
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA
BC Partners to acquire majority ownership of United Group
Sep 27, 2018 – BC Partners has announced that it will acquire majority ownership of United Group from KKR, with KKR retaining a minority stake. United Group is the leading media and communication services provider across South East Europe
News categories: BC Partners, KKR, United Group, Nikos Stathopoulos, Jean-Pierre Saad, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, MnA, Montenegro, OTT, Serbia, Slovenia
Kinnevik acquires 18.5% in Com Hem
Apr 27, 2017 – Kinnevik has announced that it has agreed to acquire 33.9 million shares in Com Hem, corresponding to an approximate 18.5% interest, from NorCell for a cash consideration of SEK 110 per share, or SEK 3.7 billion in total.
News categories: Kinnevik, Com Hem, Joakim Andersson, Cable TV, MnA, Sweden
Altice enters the US market with acquisition of Suddenlink
May 20, 2015 – Altice (Euronext: ATC) has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire 70% of the share capital in Suddenlink from existing shareholders BC Partners, CPP Investment Board and Suddenlink management.
News categories: Altice, Suddenlink, Cable TV, MnA, USA
Com Hem Signs Exclusive Agreement With TiVo
Jun 25, 2012 – Com Hem and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced a mutually exclusive distribution agreement. The offering will deliver access to traditional television content, VOD libraries, OTT content and applications through a fully integrated viewing experience.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Com Hem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Sweden, Tablet
Liberty Global to Acquire Unitymedia
Nov 13, 2009 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced that it has entered into a share purchase agreement with Unity Media S.C.A. to acquire all of the issued and outstanding capital stock of Unitymedia GmbH, Germany's second largest cable operator.
News categories: Liberty Global, Unitymedia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, MnA
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA
- MediaMath bidding infrastructure to integrate LiveRamp identities
- Sabio launches Advanced TV solution
- Enea Openwave optimizes Apple TV+ streaming
- U.S. Connected TV ad spending will grow nearly 40% in 2019
- Streaming TV showing significant increase in viewership and quality
- Stofa releases Tv-boks based on Android TV
- Apple TV+ now available
- DTG publishes latest UK TV specifications in D-Book 12