Digital TV News: COMARK
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance launched
Jun 11, 2020 – Broadcast and cable media solution providers have launched the NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition to help accelerate the industry's evolution toward next-generation broadcast and OTT TV systems.
News categories: NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, Edward Czarnecki, ATSC, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
Oct 8, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced the first broadcast of both ATSC 1.0 and NEXTGEN TV ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack. An ATSC 1.0 signal was tested with a Hitachi-Comark transmitter and Ateme encoder. Using the same transmission equipment with the addition of an ATSC 3.0 stack by ENENSYS, the signal was converted to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Hitachi-Comark, Airwavz.tv, ENENSYS, ATEME, Vern Fotheringham, Dick Fiore, Bonnie Beeman, Régis LE ROUX, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Comark appointed as DigiCAP reseller for ATSC 3.0 solutions
Jul 31, 2019 – DigiCAP has appointed COMARK as an authorized reseller and service provider of the DigiCAP hardware and software product line. COMARK will be focusing on the North American broadcast DTV market for ATSC 3.0 solutions.
News categories: COMARK, DigiCAP, Tim Hosmer, Sang Jin Yoon, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, North America
Phoenix Model Market to add second transmission site and SFN broadcasts
Apr 4, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market project will soon expand beyond a single Next-Gen TV transmission tower to include an additional Single Frequency Network (SFN) station, to help broadcasters evaluate the benefits of SFN transmissions.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Digital Alert Systems powers ATSC 3.0 Advanced Emergency Alerting demos at NAB 2019
Apr 2, 2019 – Digital Alert Systems has announced that its DASDEC series of Emergency Alert System (EAS)/Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) encoder/decoders will power demonstrations across the 2019 NAB Show that showcase the ATSC 3.0 Advanced Emergency Alerting (AEA) specification.
News categories: Digital Alert Systems, Ed Czarnecki, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
Mar 15, 2019 – Comark Digital Services has signed a reseller agreement with Triveni Digital for transmission, test and monitoring equipment for ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 installations. Comark Digital Services provides integration and system design services for TV stations.
News categories: Comark, Triveni Digital, Joe Turbolski, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Comark transmitter and TeamCast exciter for Cleveland ATSC 3.0 trials
Apr 5, 2017 – TeamCast and Comark have announced that the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) & the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) have selected their products for ATSC 3.0 field testing in Cleveland, OH (USA).
News categories: TeamCast, Comark, Eric Pinson, Dick Fiore, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Implementation and Planning Guide for Transition to ATSC 3.0 released
Oct 12, 2016 – Station groups representing nearly 400 U.S. TV broadcasters and a host of broadcasting equipment and service suppliers are releasing a comprehensive planning guide for a transition to ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, American Tower, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Peter Starke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed