Digital TV News: COMARK
ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
Oct 8, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced the first broadcast of both ATSC 1.0 and NEXTGEN TV ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack. An ATSC 1.0 signal was tested with a Hitachi-Comark transmitter and Ateme encoder. Using the same transmission equipment with the addition of an ATSC 3.0 stack by ENENSYS, the signal was converted to NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Hitachi-Comark, Airwavz.tv, ENENSYS, ATEME, Vern Fotheringham, Dick Fiore, Bonnie Beeman, Régis LE ROUX, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Comark appointed as DigiCAP reseller for ATSC 3.0 solutions
Jul 31, 2019 – DigiCAP has appointed COMARK as an authorized reseller and service provider of the DigiCAP hardware and software product line. COMARK will be focusing on the North American broadcast DTV market for ATSC 3.0 solutions.
News categories: COMARK, DigiCAP, Tim Hosmer, Sang Jin Yoon, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, North America
Phoenix Model Market to add second transmission site and SFN broadcasts
Apr 4, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market project will soon expand beyond a single Next-Gen TV transmission tower to include an additional Single Frequency Network (SFN) station, to help broadcasters evaluate the benefits of SFN transmissions.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Digital Alert Systems powers ATSC 3.0 Advanced Emergency Alerting demos at NAB 2019
Apr 2, 2019 – Digital Alert Systems has announced that its DASDEC series of Emergency Alert System (EAS)/Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) encoder/decoders will power demonstrations across the 2019 NAB Show that showcase the ATSC 3.0 Advanced Emergency Alerting (AEA) specification.
News categories: Digital Alert Systems, Ed Czarnecki, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
Mar 15, 2019 – Comark Digital Services has signed a reseller agreement with Triveni Digital for transmission, test and monitoring equipment for ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 installations. Comark Digital Services provides integration and system design services for TV stations.
News categories: Comark, Triveni Digital, Joe Turbolski, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Comark transmitter and TeamCast exciter for Cleveland ATSC 3.0 trials
Apr 5, 2017 – TeamCast and Comark have announced that the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) & the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) have selected their products for ATSC 3.0 field testing in Cleveland, OH (USA).
News categories: TeamCast, Comark, Eric Pinson, Dick Fiore, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Implementation and Planning Guide for Transition to ATSC 3.0 released
Oct 12, 2016 – Station groups representing nearly 400 U.S. TV broadcasters and a host of broadcasting equipment and service suppliers are releasing a comprehensive planning guide for a transition to ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, American Tower, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Peter Starke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
ONE Media and TeamCast trial ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
Mar 22, 2016 – Experimental facilities covering the Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD markets have began broadcasting using the first-ever ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network (SFN). ONE Media and TeamCast jointly developed, built and deployed the experimental SFN.
News categories: ONE Media, TeamCast, Kevin Gage, Eric Pinson, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box