Digital TV News: CTV Media
EMX onboards Inscape data for CTV 'Incremental Reach Measurement'
Aug 25, 2020 – EMX has added a Connected TV 'Incremental Reach Measurement' product. The product integrates TV viewing data from Inscape with its own campaign delivery data in a data warehousing, reporting, and analytics solution.
News categories: Engine Media Exchange, Inscape, Michael Zacharski, Greg Hampton, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, Worldwide
DoubleVerify introduces ad completion measurement tools for CTV
Jul 17, 2020 – DoubleVerify has announced a measurement offering that allows advertisers to measure signals that offer a strong proxy for viewability on CTV. Historically, measuring viewability has been challenging for CTV inventory.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Matt McLaughlin, Dan Slivjanovski, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
DoubleVerify standardizes CTV app identifiers across platforms
Jun 10, 2020 – DoubleVerify has launched a transparency and reporting solution for CTV inventory. The new solution is designed to give CTV buyers full transparency and accurate data on where their campaigns are running across all major CTV devices.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Matt McLaughlin, Dan Slivjanovski, Joe Barone, Advertising, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Viamedia, EMX & partners trial programmatic ad insertion on live cable TV
Dec 18, 2019 – EMX and Viamedia have announced the successful trial of Viamedia's QTT cloud-based TV advertising product. QTT uses digital standards to programmatically request and receive ads from an exchange to enable live linear cable TV ad insertion using existing infrastructure.
News categories: Viamedia, EMX, ENGINE Group, WOW!, CTV Media, Mark Lieberman, Michael Zacharski, Kyle Kreuger, Misty Jensen, Kathy Dixon, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
Dec 11, 2019 – Tappx has secured funding to develop the world’s first Programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion (PSSAI) OTT/CTV solution. The Tappx PSSAI can simultaneously manage and programmatically insert contextually relevant OTT/CTV video ads into CTV content.
News categories: Tappx, David Lahoz Martin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, EU
Comscore delivers TV audience data to CTV Media
Oct 3, 2019 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a partnership with CTV Media to provide audience data for all clients on a regional and national scale. CTV Media provides data-driven media solutions to advertising agencies for linear & connected TV.
News categories: Comscore, CTV Media, Nancy Beall, Kathy Dixon, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Taptica to acquire RhythmOne for $176m
Feb 4, 2019 – Taptica has announced the acquisition of RhythmOne for $176m in an all-stock deal. RhythmOne provides cross-screen solutions focused on connected TV. RhythmOne will be combined with Tremor Video DSP, which Taptica acquired in August 2017.
News categories: Taptica, RhythmOne, Ofer Druker, Eric Singer, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Eutelsat now carrying more than 1000 HD channels
Feb 20, 2017 – High Definition TV continues to gain ground across the broadcast satellites operated by Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) with the 240 HD channels launched in 2016 equalling the total number launched during the previous two years.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
80% of TVs sold in China in 2015 were Smart TVs
Jan 26, 2016 – YuMe (NYSE: YUME) has announced the launch of its 2015 China Connected TV Market Development Blue Book. The Chinese CTV media and advertising industries are seeing rapid growth, with the video audience in China estimated at 439 million people.
News categories: YuMe, Nielsen CCData, UPOTV, Michael Hudes, Octopus Zhang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online