Digital TV News: Chris Albrecht
STARZ PLAY Arabia raises $125 million in funding
Jul 11, 2017 – STARZ PLAY has announced that the service has raised a total of US$125 million since inception, including new 2017 commitments from investors Starz (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), SEQ Capital Partners and Delta Partners.
News categories: STARZ PLAY, Starz, SSGA, Maaz Sheikh, Chris Albrecht, Anandh Hari, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Venture Capital
Single sign-on coming to Apple TV
Jun 13, 2016 – Apple has announced new Siri capabilities, single sign-on for Apple TV and more features for users. With single sign-on, customers can authenticate all the video channels from their pay-TV providers by simply signing in once to enjoy all of their network-TV apps.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Roger Lynch, Hannibal Soares, Chris Albrecht, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STARZ premieres subscription streaming app
Apr 5, 2016 – STARZ has announced the successful launch of its 'STARZ' digital retail service, providing STARZ streaming subscriptions directly to consumers and offering the first-ever download capabilities from a U.S. pay TV streaming service.
News categories: STARZ, Chris Albrecht, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Amazon announces Streaming Partners Program
Dec 8, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has launched its Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members.
News categories: Amazon, Showtime Networks, Starz, Michael Paull, David Nevins, Chris Albrecht, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
STARZ PLAY Arabia launches in Middle East & North Africa
Apr 1, 2015 – Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) has announced details of the STARZ PLAY Arabia which has launched in 17 countries. STARZ PLAY is a direct-to-consumer multiplatform subscription video service for select markets in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
News categories: Starz, Parsifal Entertainment, Maaz Sheikh, Chris Albrecht, John Penney, Peter Ekelund, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, OTT
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES