Digital TV News: Chris Albrecht
STARZ PLAY Arabia raises $125 million in funding
Jul 11, 2017 – STARZ PLAY has announced that the service has raised a total of US$125 million since inception, including new 2017 commitments from investors Starz (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), SEQ Capital Partners and Delta Partners.
News categories: STARZ PLAY, Starz, SSGA, Maaz Sheikh, Chris Albrecht, Anandh Hari, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, Venture Capital
Single sign-on coming to Apple TV
Jun 13, 2016 – Apple has announced new Siri capabilities, single sign-on for Apple TV and more features for users. With single sign-on, customers can authenticate all the video channels from their pay-TV providers by simply signing in once to enjoy all of their network-TV apps.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Roger Lynch, Hannibal Soares, Chris Albrecht, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
STARZ premieres subscription streaming app
Apr 5, 2016 – STARZ has announced the successful launch of its 'STARZ' digital retail service, providing STARZ streaming subscriptions directly to consumers and offering the first-ever download capabilities from a U.S. pay TV streaming service.
News categories: STARZ, Chris Albrecht, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amazon announces Streaming Partners Program
Dec 8, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has launched its Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members.
News categories: Amazon, Showtime Networks, Starz, Michael Paull, David Nevins, Chris Albrecht, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
STARZ PLAY Arabia launches in Middle East & North Africa
Apr 1, 2015 – Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) has announced details of the STARZ PLAY Arabia which has launched in 17 countries. STARZ PLAY is a direct-to-consumer multiplatform subscription video service for select markets in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
News categories: Starz, Parsifal Entertainment, Maaz Sheikh, Chris Albrecht, John Penney, Peter Ekelund, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, Streaming
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December