Digital TV News: Chris Albrecht
STARZ PLAY Arabia raises $125 million in funding
Jul 11, 2017 – STARZ PLAY has announced that the service has raised a total of US$125 million since inception, including new 2017 commitments from investors Starz (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), SEQ Capital Partners and Delta Partners.
News categories: STARZ PLAY, Starz, SSGA, Maaz Sheikh, Chris Albrecht, Anandh Hari, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, Venture Capital
Single sign-on coming to Apple TV
Jun 13, 2016 – Apple has announced new Siri capabilities, single sign-on for Apple TV and more features for users. With single sign-on, customers can authenticate all the video channels from their pay-TV providers by simply signing in once to enjoy all of their network-TV apps.
News categories: Apple, Eddy Cue, Roger Lynch, Hannibal Soares, Chris Albrecht, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
STARZ premieres subscription streaming app
Apr 5, 2016 – STARZ has announced the successful launch of its 'STARZ' digital retail service, providing STARZ streaming subscriptions directly to consumers and offering the first-ever download capabilities from a U.S. pay TV streaming service.
News categories: STARZ, Chris Albrecht, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amazon announces Streaming Partners Program
Dec 8, 2015 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has launched its Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members.
News categories: Amazon, Showtime Networks, Starz, Michael Paull, David Nevins, Chris Albrecht, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
STARZ PLAY Arabia launches in Middle East & North Africa
Apr 1, 2015 – Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) has announced details of the STARZ PLAY Arabia which has launched in 17 countries. STARZ PLAY is a direct-to-consumer multiplatform subscription video service for select markets in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
News categories: Starz, Parsifal Entertainment, Maaz Sheikh, Chris Albrecht, John Penney, Peter Ekelund, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, Streaming
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius