Digital TV News: Colin Petrie-Norris
YouTube TV launches on Comcast's Xfinity Flex
Dec 9, 2021 – YouTube TV is now on Xfinity Flex, giving Comcast's internet customers another option to enjoy live TV alongside a growing collection of other streaming services. YouTube TV offers access to more than 85 channels and unlimited cloud DVR.
News categories: Xfinity, YouTube TV, Colin Petrie-Norris, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
XUMO gains distribution on Sony and Panasonic TVs
Jan 2, 2020 – XUMO has announced the addition of Sony and Panasonic to its existing distribution network with LG. This expansion guarantees significant global distribution for both content owners and advertisers partnered with XUMO at present and in the future.
News categories: XUMO, Sony Electronics, Panasonic, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Nick Colsey, Yasunari Anan, Sangwoo Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
XUMO renews streaming service deal with LG for USA and Canada
Oct 23, 2019 – XUMO has announced that it has renewed its enterprise relationship with LG to continue powering the Channel Plus service for LG smart TVs. The service has been rebranded LG Channels for 2019 LG webOS smart TVs in the U.S., Canada and internationally.
News categories: XUMO, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Tru Optik closes $10 million venture round
Apr 3, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced the close of a $10 million venture round. The funds will allow Tru Optik to increase its sales and marketing activity, accelerate international growth, expand its OTT Household Graph and extend its capabilities across other forms of addressable advertising.
News categories: Tru Optik, Mithera Capital, Andre Swanston, Mark Feldman, Matt Spiegel, Colin Petrie-Norris, Aleck Schleider, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
LG to unveil webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016
Dec 22, 2015 – LG will unveil its 2016 Smart TV lineup featuring the updated webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016. LG webOS 3.0 adds new features to make finding and switching between LG's expanded content options simple and fast.
News categories: LG, Xumo, Brian Kwon, Colin Petrie-Norris, CES2023, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029