Digital TV News: Colin Petrie-Norris
XUMO gains distribution on Sony and Panasonic TVs
Jan 2, 2020 – XUMO has announced the addition of Sony and Panasonic to its existing distribution network with LG. This expansion guarantees significant global distribution for both content owners and advertisers partnered with XUMO at present and in the future.
News categories: XUMO, Sony Electronics, Panasonic, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Nick Colsey, Yasunari Anan, Sangwoo Lee, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
XUMO renews streaming service deal with LG for USA and Canada
Oct 23, 2019 – XUMO has announced that it has renewed its enterprise relationship with LG to continue powering the Channel Plus service for LG smart TVs. The service has been rebranded LG Channels for 2019 LG webOS smart TVs in the U.S., Canada and internationally.
News categories: XUMO, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Tru Optik closes $10 million venture round
Apr 3, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced the close of a $10 million venture round. The funds will allow Tru Optik to increase its sales and marketing activity, accelerate international growth, expand its OTT Household Graph and extend its capabilities across other forms of addressable advertising.
News categories: Tru Optik, Mithera Capital, Andre Swanston, Mark Feldman, Matt Spiegel, Colin Petrie-Norris, Aleck Schleider, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
LG to unveil webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016
Dec 22, 2015 – LG will unveil its 2016 Smart TV lineup featuring the updated webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016. LG webOS 3.0 adds new features to make finding and switching between LG's expanded content options simple and fast.
News categories: LG, Xumo, Brian Kwon, Colin Petrie-Norris, CES2021, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0