Digital TV News: Consumer Technology Association
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Initiative to further improve TV energy efficiency in N. America announced
Jan 6, 2023 – The CTA, with leading TV manufacturers, the NRDC and the ACEEE have announced a voluntary agreement aimed at significantly improving the energy efficiency of TVs sold in the United States and Canada.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, NRDC, Douglas Johnson, Joe Vukovich, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jan 5, 2023 – Miami TV viewers can now experience the future of broadcasting as four stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Viewers have available four OTA channels: WTVJ, WSCV, WFOR and WLTV. WPBT will participate as a test service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Tolka joins Pearl TV ATSC 3.0 FastTrack Program
Jan 5, 2023 – Tolka has joined the Pearl TV FastTrack Program. The FastTrack Program is designed to accelerate and streamline consumer electronics makers’ adoption of NextGen TV technology for smart TV and related high-volume devices.
News categories: Tolka, Pearl TV, Alex Day, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
CTA lowers revenue forecast for U.S. technology sector
Jan 3, 2023 – Research from the CTA projects U.S. technology retail revenues of $485 billion in 2023. This new data puts revenues slightly above pre-pandemic levels, following a three-year surge that peaked in 2021.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Tolka to show ATSC 3.0 NEXTGEN TV solutions at CES 2023
Dec 15, 2022 – Tolka has announced that at the 2023 Consumer Electronics Show it will demonstrate a range of technology and upgrade accessories supporting the ATSC 3.0 NEXTGEN TV standard as well as ATSC 1.0.
News categories: Tolka, Alex Day, Michael Day, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
MediaTek, iWedia combined NEXTGEN TV solution available in Q1 2023
Dec 15, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced milestones in the rollout of NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. and the broader ecosystem of partners that enable the deployment of devices and the broadcaster application platform, RUN3TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, iWedia, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
Sep 26, 2022 – The U.S. gaming population expanded by 3% from 2019 to 2022, as 9 million new gamers aged 13 to 64 entered the market, according to a CTA study. The active gaming population in this age range now totals 164 million.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Steven Hummel, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, USA
Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2022 – Since the Canadian Energy Efficiency Voluntary Agreement (CEEVA) for Set-Top Boxes launched in 2017, the average energy consumption of new STBs has dropped by 58%, from 116.2 kWh/yr to 48.5 kWh/yr, according to a report.
News categories: CEEVA, NRCan, Fahd Aman, Drew Leyburne, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022