Digital TV News: Curiosity
Curiosity extends FAST channel distribution to TCL FFalcon
Jun 6, 2022 – Curiosity Inc. has partnered with TCL FFalcon to expand US distribution of Curiosity Now, the company’s FAST channel. Curiosity Now debuted earlier this year with LG and will continue to add new platforms over the coming weeks.
News categories: Curiosity, TCL FFalcon, Bakori Davis, Feiyang Ding, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Crackle Plus expands CTV ad inventory with Amagi
Jun 7, 2022 – Amagi has announced a Connected TV ad inventory agreement with Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE). Amagi's ADS PLUS first-party ad platform supports over 700 content brands on 2,000+ channels, delivering over 50 billion ad impressions.
News categories: Amagi, Crackle, James M. Smith, Philippe Guelton, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Banijay Rights collaborates with Amagi to go FAST
May 25, 2022 – Amagi has announced a partnership with Banijay Rights, the global distribution arm of world-leading independent TV producer Banijay, to drive its Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) strategy worldwide.
News categories: Amagi, Banijay Rights, Srinivasan KA, Shaun Keeble, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Cox Media Group expands digital streaming with Amagi
Apr 22, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Cox Media Group (CMG) has chosen Amagi to power its streaming across connected TV, mobile, web, and distribution as CMG launches a major expansion of its free digital streaming strategy.
News categories: Amagi, Cox Media Group, Srinivasan KA, Marian Pittman, Mark Beck, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amagi announces VOD orchestration solution for content owners
Apr 12, 2022 – Amagi has announced availability of Amagi ON-DEMAND, its content management solution for orchestrating VOD content workflows. The product offers an 'ingest-once-for-multiple-deliveries' option to content owners.
News categories: Amagi, KA Srinivasan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Starhub adds Curiosity Stream to StarHub TV+
Mar 22, 2022 – StarHub has announced that it is the first entertainment service provider in Southeast Asia to offer its customers access to Curiosity’s streaming service, Curiosity Stream. Curiosity Stream app is the tenth OTT service on StarHub TV+.
News categories: Starhub, Curiosity Stream, Andrew Tan, Bakori Davis, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
Curiosity Now launches on LG Channels
Mar 21, 2022 – Curiosity has partnered with LG to launch Curiosity Now, a free, ad-supported streaming channel on LG Channels on all LG Smart TV 4.0 and newer models. Curiosity Now offers programming from an extensive library of documentaries, shows and series.
News categories: Curiosity, LG Electronics, Brandon Fong, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Amagi to provide content aggregation and playout for Spark Sport 1
Mar 5, 2022 – Amagi as partnered with Spark Sport, a New Zealand-based sports streaming service, to provide content aggregation and playout services for their OTT linear channel, Spark Sport 1. Spark Sport offers live and on-demand sports content.
News categories: Amagi, Spark Sport, Srinivasan KA, Matt Orange, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
Jan 17, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Video Solutions AG has partnered with it to launch, distribute and monetize two AVOD channels – one in Germany and one in UK - on Samsung TV Plus, LG, Phillips, TCL, and Xiaomi.
News categories: Amagi, Video Solutions AG, Srinivasan KA, Chris Sharp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK