Digital TV News: Dan Marotta
Broadcom first set-top box SoC certified for differential power analysis resistance
Dec 19, 2013 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and Riscure have announced the certification of Broadcom’s set-top box silicon under their Differential Power Analysis (DPA) countermeasure validation program.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Riscure, Broadcom, Dan Marotta, Benjamin Jun, Pascal Van Gimst, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
Jun 11, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a new single chip solution for cable headless gateways that delivers the fastest Data over Cable Interface Standard (DOCSIS) data rates, whole-home connectivity and an all-IP video experience.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Announces Cost-Optimized Cable HD Set-Top Box SoCs
Mar 21, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first low cost, HD digital cable set-top box SoCs with integrated Full-Band Capture and IP video server technology. Broadcom's BCM7583 and BCM7584 devices provide entry-level HD and HD-DVR platforms for cable MSOs.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom announces high-definition cable digital-transport adapter SoC
Mar 11, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a high definition (HD) cable digital-transport adapter (DTA) system-on-a-chip (SoC) with integrated Full-Band Capture technology. The BCM7576 enables North American cable operators to provide enhanced basic digital HD services.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Broadcom launches industry's first single-chip DVB-T2 receiver SoC
Jan 28, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first fully integrated, single chip, DVB-T2 receiver SoC. The Broadcom BCM7563 includes a DVB-T2 tuner, demodulator, CPU, high-definition audio, video and graphics back-end.
News categories: Broadcom, CSTB, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Broadcom showcases set-top box innovations at CSTB Moscow
Jan 28, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) is showcasing its latest generation of cable, satellite, IP and terrestrial TV solutions at the CSTB Exhibition and Forum, the premier broadcasting and telecommunications event in Russia.
News categories: Broadcom, CSTB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Powers World's First Android 4.0 Set-top Box with Google Mobile Services
Jan 8, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the successful integration of Google Mobile Services with Android ICS on the Samsung Electronics SMT-E5015 Smart TV set-top box (STB), based on the Broadcom® BCM7356 satellite STB system-on-a-chip (SoC).
News categories: Broadcom, Samsung, Olleh TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Launches First 5G WiFi Wireless IPTV Set-top Box Platform
Jan 8, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first 5G WiFi Connected IPTV Set-top Box (STB) platform. Supporting the latest IEEE 802.11.ac standard, Broadcom's 5G WiFi technology is now available paired with its IP STB system-on-a-chip technology.
News categories: Broadcom, CES2022, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Broadcom Unveils World's First Ultra HD TV Home Gateway Chip
Jan 8, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the world's first Ultra TV video decoder IC. The 28nm ARM-based BCM7445 supports the HEVC video coding standard and can simultaneously deliver four transcoded HD video streams over IP for content on any screen.
News categories: Broadcom, CES2022, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion