Digital TV News: Dave Shull
TiVo launches TiVo+ streaming platform and TiVo EDGE STB
Oct 1, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has revealed TiVo+, its video network, and TiVo EDGE, a device for home entertainment viewing. TiVo+ delivers live and on-demand streaming to viewers in an app-free environment. TiVo EDGE is a 4K UHD box, designed to work with an HD antenna or digital cable.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Dave Shull, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA, UX
Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
Sep 13, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Liberty Latin America has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform for its video customers in Puerto Rico. Liberty Latin America also plans to launch the platform in other markets across Latin America.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Liberty Latin America, Dave Shull, Vivek Khemka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box, UX
Layer3 TV announces allHD Platinum
Sep 14, 2016 – Layer3 TV is launching the next generation of cable. Layer3 TV is embracing the majority of consumers who demand a full bundle by offering a robust HD programming package with select 4K.
News categories: Layer3, Lindsay Gardner, Justin Connolly, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
DISH secures rights to Disney, ABC & ESPN content for OTT service
Mar 4, 2014 – Disney (NYSE:DIS) and DISH Network (NASDAQ:DISH) have announced an agreement that will provide DISH customers with access to Disney’s content across TVs, PCs, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles and connected devices.
News categories: DISH Network, Walt Disney, Joseph P. Clayton, Anne Sweeney, John Skipper, Dave Shull, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, USA
DISH Network Introduces Online Video Portal with Live TV Integration
Aug 24, 2010 – DISH Network (Nasdaq: DISH) has introduced DISHOnline.com, the only online video portal that integrates live and recorded TV with more than 150,000 popular movies, TV shows, clips and trailers into one easy-to-use interface.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
Siano, Huaqi, and CMBSat Join Forces to Deliver Mobile TV in China
Dec 11, 2007 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that it has signed a collaboration agreement with CMB Satellite and Huaqi to provide advanced solutions for China's up-coming mobile TV service known as CMMB, or STiMi, starting at the 2008 Olympics.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Huaqi, China Mobile Broadcasting Satellite (CMBSat), China, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, Semiconductor
China Satellite Mobile Selects CMB Satellite for S-Band Satellite Capacity for the China Mobile Video Project
Feb 22, 2007 – China Satellite Mobile Broadcast Limited (CSM) has announced that it has selected China Mobile Broadcasting Satellite (CMBSat) as the primary provider of S-band satellite capacity for China's mobile video project.
News categories: EchoStar, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV