Digital TV News: David Godfrey
iflix selects Bitmovin to deliver HD experience to mobile subscribers
Apr 10, 2018 – Bitmovin has announced that iflix will use Bitmovin encoding to enable the delivery of TV shows, movies and sport in high definition video over low bandwidth mobile networks across the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
News categories: Bitmovin, iflix, David Godfrey, Emmanuel Frenehard, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, NABShow, Streaming
KT and SK Broadband launch UHD with Elemental
May 25, 2016 – Elemental has announced that KT and SK Broadband have both launched UHD services using Elemental HEVC software. Asia represents one of the world’s fastest growing UHD markets, with Korea reported as the largest UHD TV market in the region.
News categories: Elemental, KT, SK Broadband, David Godfrey, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite
Elemental enables OTT delivery for Hong Kong's TVB
Jan 26, 2015 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB), Hong Kong's largest independent broadcaster, is using Elemental software to process and manage live linear broadcast channels for its OTT content service.
News categories: Elemental, TVB, David Godfrey, Garry Kum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Streaming
Elemental video processing powers service expansion for TrueVisions
Feb 17, 2014 – Elemental Technologies has announced that TrueVisions, Thailand’s pay TV leader and one of the largest cable operators in South Asia, is enlarging its Elemental installation to power the expansion of its HD and multiscreen services.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, TrueVisions, Vichai Sernvongsat, David Godfrey, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mobile, Thailand, TV Everywhere
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification