Digital TV News: Dennis Flaharty
Inside Secure acquires SypherMedia
Nov 7, 2017 – Inside Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced that it has acquired SypherMedia for up to US$10 million, including a potential earn-out of up to US$3 million. SypherMedia is a key player in embedded security from product design to product life cycle management.
News categories: Inside Secure, SypherMedia, Amedeo D’Angelo, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, MnA, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
SMI certifies Montage Technology STB SoC
Jun 12, 2015 – Montage Technology and SypherMedia International (SMI) have announced that Montage has achieved SMI's security certification on its HD Decode SoC M88CC6100/6000. SMI has also validated Montage on Black Box Programming compliance tests for the M88CC6100/6000 certification and production.
News categories: Montage Technology, SypherMedia International, Stephen Tai, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cryptography Research's CryptoFirewall™ Technology Builds Momentum for Advanced Video Security at CES 2012
Jan 9, 2012 – Through a close partner collaboration, Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS), SypherMedia International (SMI), ViXS Systems and Verimatrix will be demonstrating a cardless security solution that protects video for digital TV systems.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SypherMedia International, ViXS Systems, Verimatrix, CES2021, Content Protection, Semiconductor
ViXS Announces Advanced Embedded Security Architecture
Sep 8, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced that it is the first silicon vendor to implement the CryptoFirewall™ security core by Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and demonstrate it with the SypherMedia International (SMI) Kernel security code.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Cryptography Research, SypherMedia International, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS Systems to integrate SypherMedia Security Technology
Sep 14, 2009 – ViXS Systems has announced that it has added SMI's SypherMedia GateKeyper™ and Kernel™ technologies into the Xtensive™ applications developer software suite for its multimedia ICs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, SypherMedia International, Conditional Access, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding