Digital TV News: Deutsche TV-Plattform
75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
Apr 20, 2021 – According to GfK, a total of around 1.45 million TV sets were sold in Germany in the first quarter of 2021. Of these, 1.1 million were UHD TVs, which corresponds to a UHD share of 75% (Q1 2020: 70%).
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
Jan 25, 2021 – According to GfK, 6.6 million Smart TVs were sold in Germany in 2020, up 20% on 2019. The share of smart TV sets that enable the use of apps or catch-up TV via HbbTV and the internet continued to rise.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
Oct 22, 2020 – Around 4.1 million smart TV sets were sold in Germany in the first nine months of 2020 according to GfK Retail & Technology - almost 14 percent more than in the previous year (Q1-Q3 2019: 3.6 million).
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
Oct 21, 2020 – Deutsche TV-Plattform is launching an initiative to prepare a market launch of the new version of the CI Plus Interface - CI+ 2.0. CI Plus modules will be based on USB from version 2.0 onwards.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Carine Chardon, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
Dec 5, 2019 – Fincons Group has joined Deutsche TV-Plattform, the German non-profit association whose purpose, since its foundation in 1990, is to introduce, disseminate and further develop digital Television in Germany.
News categories: Fincons Group, Deutsche TV-Plattform, Michele Moretti, Andre Prahl, Germany, HbbTV
WDR and Fraunhofer HHI show VVC/H.266 at IFA 2019
Sep 3, 2019 – WDR and the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI are collaborating to test the Video Coding possibilities offered by the next international standard VVC/H.266. The pair will show initial results at IFA 2019.
News categories: Fraunhofer, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IFA
Deutsche TV-Plattform publishes requirements for HbbTV 2 terminals in Germany
Mar 27, 2019 – Deutsche TV-Plattform has published minimum requirements for HbbTV 2 terminals for the German market. The specification defines the required technical profile for a range of new services planned by TV channels in Germany starting in the second half of 2019.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Opera TV debuts HbbTV 2.0 SDK for TV and STB manufacturers
Aug 27, 2015 – Opera TV will soon start shipping its Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) 2.0 software development kit (SDK) to TV manufacturers and set-top-box OEMs, enabling them to get to market with HbbTV-2.0-compliant devices.
News categories: Opera TV, HbbTV Association, Frode Hernes, Klaus Illgner, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche TV-Plattform Hybrid-TV/Smart-TV White Book available for download
Mar 12, 2013 – The proportion of devices offering Internet services in addition to linear television on the TV screen is constantly increasing. The publication 'White Book Hybrid-TV / Smart-TV' from German TV-Platform (Deutsche TV-Plattform), offers an overview of recent developments of technology and market, and is now available in English for download.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Apps, Germany, HbbTV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud