Digital TV News: Dexter Goei
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Altice USA to acquire Cheddar
Apr 30, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire Cheddar, the digital-first news company, for $200 million. The transaction is expected to close in the next two months upon receipt of regulatory approval.
News categories: Altice USA, Cheddar, Dexter Goei, Jon Steinberg, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Sprint, Altice announce MVNO agreement
Nov 5, 2017 – Sprint (NYSE: S) and Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) have announced an agreement under which Altice will utilize Sprint’s network to provide mobile voice and data services, and Sprint will use the Altice broadband platform to accelerate the densification of its network.
News categories: Altice, Sprint, Dexter Goei, Marcelo Claure, Broadband, Cable TV, Mobile, USA
Altice launches all-in-one video, broadband, WiFi and phone experience
Nov 2, 2017 – Altice USA (NYSE:ATUS) has unveiled ‘Altice One,’ a new connectivity platform that reinvents the way consumers connect to the entertainment and content they want. Altice One provides a personalized all-in-one video, broadband, WiFi and phone experience.
News categories: Altice, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Optimum and Suddenlink to offer Nest Smart Home products and services
Oct 31, 2017 – Altice USA (NYSE:ATUS) has announced that it will advance its goal of delivering the best in-home connectivity experience with a focus on enabling the ‘smart home’ by beginning to offer Nest connected home products and services to its customers.
News categories: Altice, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
Altice announces new global strategy: One Group, One Brand
May 23, 2017 – Altice has announces its new global and multi-local branding strategy: The transformation from a holding company with a collection of different assets and brands around the world, to the establishment of one unified global group with one single brand – Altice.
News categories: Altice, Michel Combes, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering