Digital TV News: Dirk Wierzbitzki
'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
Jan 23, 2020 – Swisscom has announced that with its ‘Swisscom TV X’ service,it is one of the first to provide an interface that incorporates Netflix programming and TV content. The companies are also working closely together on further innovations.
News categories: Swisscom, Netflix, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Rene Rummel-Mergeryan, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Switzerland, UX
Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
Nov 14, 2019 – Swisscom has announced a new Swisscom Box. The box combines traditional television with streaming via a new interface and can be controlled using an integrated Voice Assistant, which also operates smart home devices.
News categories: Swisscom, Urs Schaeppi, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland, UX
Swisscom TV upgrades UX with WLAN-Box and Entertainment OS3
Nov 15, 2017 – Swisscom TV has launched a new user interface for personal entertainment. The new versatile WLAN-Box closes gaps in reception and cuts back on wire, while Swisscom’s Internet Guard improves the protection of customer devices from the dangers on the Internet.
News categories: Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Smart Home, Switzerland
SoftAtHome powers Swisscom Internet Box 2
Dec 15, 2016 – SoftAtHome has announced that its SOP (SoftAtHome Operating Platform) powered Swisscom’s launch last November of subscriber services based around its latest home gateway, the Internet-Box 2.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Swisscom, Frédéric Maizeret, Dirk Wierzbitzki, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Switzerland
Swisscom launches UHD TV box
Apr 13, 2016 – Football fans are counting down the days to the start of the 2016 European Championships. Swisscom TV customers now have even more to look forward to. A new TV box will enable them to watch individual games in ultra-high definition (UHD) quality on SRF zwei for the very first time.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Swisscom deploys Ericsson Video Storage and Processing platform
Sep 9, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Swisscom has deployed its Video Storage and Processing Platform to power all of the time-shifted and cloud DVR features of its TV 2.0 offering. Live since April 2014, the highly successful service now has 564,000 subscribers.
News categories: Ericsson, Swisscom, Elisabetta Romano, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Content Distribution, IBC2022, IPTV, Switzerland
Opera TV Store for Swisscom set-top boxes
Apr 3, 2014 – Opera Software and Swisscom have announced that the Opera TV Store application platform is set to land on Swisscom set-top boxes. It is the first European pay-TV operator to bring the Opera TV Store on board.
News categories: Opera Software, Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G