Digital TV News: Eric Achtmann
V-Nova video compression deployed by Sky Italia
Apr 19, 2016 – V-Nova has announced the deployment of its V-Nova PERSEUS video compression on Sky's IPTV platform in Italy. The move will enable Sky in Italy to expand the reach of its full HD offering over existing IP infrastructure.
News categories: V-Nova, Sky, Harmonic, Eric Achtmann, Guido Meardi, Massimo Bertolotti, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Media Player
V-Nova video compression enables FastFilmz low-bandwidth OTT in India
Apr 7, 2016 – V-Nova has announced that FastFilmz, India’s innovative new OTT service provider, has deployed V-Nova’s PERSEUS software. With V-Nova PERSEUS, FastFilmz is able to deliver quality streamed video to both 2G and 3G mobile phone users.
News categories: V-Nova, FastFilmz, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Dominic Charles, Karam Malhotra, Digital TV, India, Media Player, Smartphone, Streaming
V-Nova powers Real Madrid vs. Barcelona UltraHD broadcast
Nov 23, 2015 – V-Nova has announced today that its PERSEUS technology was deployed by Mediapro’s Overon for visually lossless contribution of the November 21 'El Clásico' match between Real Madrid and Barcelona played at the Santiago Bernabau stadium in Madrid, Spain.
News categories: V-Nova, Mediapro, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Content Distribution, IPTV, Spain
Alcatel-Lucent to integrate PERSEUS video compression and Oregan Video Client
Sep 7, 2015 – V-Nova has announced that Alcatel-Lucent plans to integrate PERSEUS video compression technology with its Cloud DVR platform and Oregan's Multiscreen Cloud Video Client. The aim is to provide significant improvements in IP Video delivery to both greenfield customer deployments and existing infrastructures.
News categories: Oregan, V-Nova, Alcatel-Lucent, Milya Timergaleyeva, Eric Achtmann, Paul Larbey, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
VisualOn adopts V-Nova video compression technology
Apr 7, 2015 – VisualOn and V-Nova have announced a collaboration on video streaming based on V-Nova's PERSEUS video compression technology. The partnership provides compression gains by integrating PERSEUS with VisualOn's OnStream MediaPlayer+.
News categories: V-Nova, VisualOn, Guido Meardi, Andy Lin, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
V-Nova announces PERSEUS video compression technology
Apr 1, 2015 – V-Nova has announced the public release of a number of video compression products based on its PERSEUS technology. PERSEUS offers 2-3x compression gains under practical operating scenarios versus H.264, HEVC and JPEG2000.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Digital TV, Media Player
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households