Digital TV News: Eric Achtmann
V-Nova video compression deployed by Sky Italia
Apr 19, 2016 – V-Nova has announced the deployment of its V-Nova PERSEUS video compression on Sky's IPTV platform in Italy. The move will enable Sky in Italy to expand the reach of its full HD offering over existing IP infrastructure.
News categories: V-Nova, Sky, Harmonic, Eric Achtmann, Guido Meardi, Massimo Bertolotti, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Media Player
V-Nova video compression enables FastFilmz low-bandwidth OTT in India
Apr 7, 2016 – V-Nova has announced that FastFilmz, India’s innovative new OTT service provider, has deployed V-Nova’s PERSEUS software. With V-Nova PERSEUS, FastFilmz is able to deliver quality streamed video to both 2G and 3G mobile phone users.
News categories: V-Nova, FastFilmz, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Dominic Charles, Karam Malhotra, Digital TV, India, Media Player, Smartphone, Streaming
V-Nova powers Real Madrid vs. Barcelona UltraHD broadcast
Nov 23, 2015 – V-Nova has announced today that its PERSEUS technology was deployed by Mediapro’s Overon for visually lossless contribution of the November 21 'El Clásico' match between Real Madrid and Barcelona played at the Santiago Bernabau stadium in Madrid, Spain.
News categories: V-Nova, Mediapro, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Content Distribution, IPTV, Spain
Alcatel-Lucent to integrate PERSEUS video compression and Oregan Video Client
Sep 7, 2015 – V-Nova has announced that Alcatel-Lucent plans to integrate PERSEUS video compression technology with its Cloud DVR platform and Oregan's Multiscreen Cloud Video Client. The aim is to provide significant improvements in IP Video delivery to both greenfield customer deployments and existing infrastructures.
News categories: Oregan, V-Nova, Alcatel-Lucent, Milya Timergaleyeva, Eric Achtmann, Paul Larbey, Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
VisualOn adopts V-Nova video compression technology
Apr 7, 2015 – VisualOn and V-Nova have announced a collaboration on video streaming based on V-Nova's PERSEUS video compression technology. The partnership provides compression gains by integrating PERSEUS with VisualOn's OnStream MediaPlayer+.
News categories: V-Nova, VisualOn, Guido Meardi, Andy Lin, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
V-Nova announces PERSEUS video compression technology
Apr 1, 2015 – V-Nova has announced the public release of a number of video compression products based on its PERSEUS technology. PERSEUS offers 2-3x compression gains under practical operating scenarios versus H.264, HEVC and JPEG2000.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Digital TV, Media Player
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC