Digital TV News: Eric Louvet
Portugal's NOS trials UHD with Thomson Video Networks HEVC encoders
Oct 7, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that NOS has pioneered Ultra HD (UHD) broadcasting in Portugal with the launch of two trial UHD channels leveraging the HEVC compression capabilities of Thomson's ViBE VS7000 encoding/transcoding platform.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, NOS, Eric Louvet, Alexandre Martins, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
CANAL+ DTH goes all-HD with Thomson Video Networks
Jul 15, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that the CANAL+ Group has deployed its ViBE EM4000 HD/SD encoder to power the migration of its entire CANALSAT satellite offering to an all-HD delivery infrastructure based on the H.264 codec.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, CANAL+ Group, Eric Louvet, Frederic Vincent, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Thomson encoders for 3 Austria OTT video
Jun 10, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that Hutchison Drei Austria has migrated to a video distribution platform based on Thomson's video encoding platform, enabling Drei to offer OTT video to mobile and home viewers on a complete range of screens.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Drei Austria, Broadpeak, Eric Louvet, Günter Lischka, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Lattelecom Adopts Thomson Video Networks' ViBE™ VS7000 for IPTV and Multi-platform Video Services
Oct 10, 2012 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that Lattelecom has installed Thomson's ViBE™ VS7000 multi-screen video platform. The system provides encoding for Lattelecom's new range of Web and mobile TV services, as well as SD, HD, and 3D IPTV offerings.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Lattelecom, Content Distribution, IPTV, Latvia, TV Everywhere
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia