Digital TV News: Eric Louvet
Portugal's NOS trials UHD with Thomson Video Networks HEVC encoders
Oct 7, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that NOS has pioneered Ultra HD (UHD) broadcasting in Portugal with the launch of two trial UHD channels leveraging the HEVC compression capabilities of Thomson's ViBE VS7000 encoding/transcoding platform.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, NOS, Eric Louvet, Alexandre Martins, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
CANAL+ DTH goes all-HD with Thomson Video Networks
Jul 15, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that the CANAL+ Group has deployed its ViBE EM4000 HD/SD encoder to power the migration of its entire CANALSAT satellite offering to an all-HD delivery infrastructure based on the H.264 codec.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, CANAL+ Group, Eric Louvet, Frederic Vincent, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Thomson encoders for 3 Austria OTT video
Jun 10, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that Hutchison Drei Austria has migrated to a video distribution platform based on Thomson's video encoding platform, enabling Drei to offer OTT video to mobile and home viewers on a complete range of screens.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Drei Austria, Broadpeak, Eric Louvet, Günter Lischka, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Lattelecom Adopts Thomson Video Networks' ViBE™ VS7000 for IPTV and Multi-platform Video Services
Oct 10, 2012 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that Lattelecom has installed Thomson's ViBE™ VS7000 multi-screen video platform. The system provides encoding for Lattelecom's new range of Web and mobile TV services, as well as SD, HD, and 3D IPTV offerings.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Lattelecom, Content Distribution, IPTV, Latvia, TV Everywhere
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent