Digital TV News: Erik Huggers
Verizon to purchase Intel Media assets
Jan 21, 2014 – Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) have announced an agreement for Verizon to purchase from Intel the assets of Intel Media, a business division dedicated to the development of Cloud TV products and services.
News categories: Verizon, Intel Corp, Lowell McAdam, Brian Krzanich, Erik Huggers, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Semiconductor, Streaming, USA
Intel-Based Set-Top Box Powers Comcast Xfinity TV Experience
Jun 14, 2011 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced that its media processors are helping power the Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Xfinity TV experience which uses a new guide and user interface to make the television more interactive, personal and social.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
BBC unveils BBC iPlayer Desktop on Adobe AIR
Dec 19, 2008 – The BBC and Adobe Systems (NASDAQ:ADBE) have announced the public beta of the new BBC iPlayer Desktop download manager built on Adobe AIR, a key component of the Adobe Flash Platform.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Adobe Systems, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming, UK
BBC may create open online video platform
Oct 15, 2008 – Erik Huggers, the BBC's Group Controller for Future Media and Technology, has said that the BBC is considering creating an open online video platform, codenamed Canvas, on which content providers could launch internet TV services.
News categories: BBC, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Next generation BBC iPlayer launches
Jun 25, 2008 – The BBC has unveiled a new-look BBC iPlayer which fully integrates radio and TV in one interface, as the service records over 100 million requests to view programmes in the six months since its launch.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, UK
BBC and Nintendo collaborate to offer BBC iPlayer on Wii
Apr 9, 2008 – Erik Huggers, the BBC's Group Controller for Future Media and Technology, has unveiled a collaboration with Nintendo UK to offer BBC iPlayer via the Nintendo Wii.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Nintendo, Broadband, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, UK
BBC enters strategic relationship with Adobe to enhance BBC iPlayer and bbc.co.uk
Oct 16, 2007 – The BBC and Adobe® Systems have announced a strategic relationship around the delivery of web video.
News categories: BBC, Adobe, Media Player, Streaming, UK
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December