Digital TV News: Erik Huggers
Verizon to purchase Intel Media assets
Jan 21, 2014 – Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) have announced an agreement for Verizon to purchase from Intel the assets of Intel Media, a business division dedicated to the development of Cloud TV products and services.
News categories: Verizon, Intel Corp, Lowell McAdam, Brian Krzanich, Erik Huggers, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Semiconductor, Streaming, USA
Intel-Based Set-Top Box Powers Comcast Xfinity TV Experience
Jun 14, 2011 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced that its media processors are helping power the Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Xfinity TV experience which uses a new guide and user interface to make the television more interactive, personal and social.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
BBC unveils BBC iPlayer Desktop on Adobe AIR
Dec 19, 2008 – The BBC and Adobe Systems (NASDAQ:ADBE) have announced the public beta of the new BBC iPlayer Desktop download manager built on Adobe AIR, a key component of the Adobe Flash Platform.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Adobe Systems, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming, UK
BBC may create open online video platform
Oct 15, 2008 – Erik Huggers, the BBC's Group Controller for Future Media and Technology, has said that the BBC is considering creating an open online video platform, codenamed Canvas, on which content providers could launch internet TV services.
News categories: BBC, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Next generation BBC iPlayer launches
Jun 25, 2008 – The BBC has unveiled a new-look BBC iPlayer which fully integrates radio and TV in one interface, as the service records over 100 million requests to view programmes in the six months since its launch.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, UK
BBC and Nintendo collaborate to offer BBC iPlayer on Wii
Apr 9, 2008 – Erik Huggers, the BBC's Group Controller for Future Media and Technology, has unveiled a collaboration with Nintendo UK to offer BBC iPlayer via the Nintendo Wii.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Nintendo, Broadband, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, UK
BBC enters strategic relationship with Adobe to enhance BBC iPlayer and bbc.co.uk
Oct 16, 2007 – The BBC and Adobe® Systems have announced a strategic relationship around the delivery of web video.
News categories: BBC, Adobe, Media Player, Streaming, UK
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media