Digital TV News: Erik Huggers
Verizon to purchase Intel Media assets
Jan 21, 2014 – Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) have announced an agreement for Verizon to purchase from Intel the assets of Intel Media, a business division dedicated to the development of Cloud TV products and services.
News categories: Verizon, Intel Corp, Lowell McAdam, Brian Krzanich, Erik Huggers, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, OTT, Semiconductor, USA
Intel-Based Set-Top Box Powers Comcast Xfinity TV Experience
Jun 14, 2011 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced that its media processors are helping power the Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Xfinity TV experience which uses a new guide and user interface to make the television more interactive, personal and social.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
BBC unveils BBC iPlayer Desktop on Adobe AIR
Dec 19, 2008 – The BBC and Adobe Systems (NASDAQ:ADBE) have announced the public beta of the new BBC iPlayer Desktop download manager built on Adobe AIR, a key component of the Adobe Flash Platform.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Adobe Systems, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, UK
BBC may create open online video platform
Oct 15, 2008 – Erik Huggers, the BBC's Group Controller for Future Media and Technology, has said that the BBC is considering creating an open online video platform, codenamed Canvas, on which content providers could launch internet TV services.
News categories: BBC, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Next generation BBC iPlayer launches
Jun 25, 2008 – The BBC has unveiled a new-look BBC iPlayer which fully integrates radio and TV in one interface, as the service records over 100 million requests to view programmes in the six months since its launch.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, UK
BBC and Nintendo collaborate to offer BBC iPlayer on Wii
Apr 9, 2008 – Erik Huggers, the BBC's Group Controller for Future Media and Technology, has unveiled a collaboration with Nintendo UK to offer BBC iPlayer via the Nintendo Wii.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Nintendo, Broadband, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, UK
BBC enters strategic relationship with Adobe to enhance BBC iPlayer and bbc.co.uk
Oct 16, 2007 – The BBC and Adobe® Systems have announced a strategic relationship around the delivery of web video.
News categories: BBC, Adobe, Media Player, OTT, UK
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online