Digital TV News: FCC
SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
Mar 18, 2023 – The SES-18 and SES-19 satellites were launched on March 17th as part of the FCC's program to clear C-band spectrum in support of the deployment of 5G services across the contiguous U.S.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Collar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
Jan 24, 2023 – ENENSYS has announced the release of ModulCast-ATSC, an ATSC 3.0 OEM modulator board that delivers a high-performance RF output meeting broadcaster quality requirements, for integration into digital TV transmitters.
News categories: ENENSYS, Christophe TROLET, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jan 5, 2023 – Miami TV viewers can now experience the future of broadcasting as four stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Viewers have available four OTA channels: WTVJ, WSCV, WFOR and WLTV. WPBT will participate as a test service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
Jul 28, 2022 – Auton and Anywave Communications are hosting a market trial of an ATSC 3.0-based Broadcast Internet franchise in Bend, Oregon. The test lab will be integrating new vendors and service providers during the remainder of 2022.
News categories: Auton, Anywave, Bob Foster, Vern Fotheringham, David Neff, ATSC 3, Broadband, USA
SES-22 to launch on June 29th
Jun 24, 2022 – SES has announced that SES-22 is currently being prepared for launch. Built by Thales Alenia Space, SES-22 will operate in the 135°W orbital slot delivering TV and radio to millions of American homes, along with other data transmission services.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, SpaceX, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
WNET Group plans New York transition to NEXTGEN TV
Feb 1, 2022 – Efforts are underway to launch NEXTGEN TV service in New York City and surrounding areas. The WNET Group's WLIW21 will serve as the host station for ATSC 3.0 broadcasts for the three major PBS member stations in the area: THIRTEEN, WLIW21 and NJ PBS.
News categories: WNET Group, Neal Shapiro, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
Jan 13, 2022 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced that ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC) has launched FAVE and migrated its DABL and select SHOWTIME linear channels from satellite to CDN IP distribution using its DigiCipher Streaming system.
News categories: CommScope, ViacomCBS, Ric Johnsen, Hardys Eggum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
Dec 7, 2021 – Television viewers in Houston, the eighth-largest TV market in the United States, can now experience the future of broadcast television as 10 local TV stations have now launched NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Nexstar Media, Anne Schelle, Brett Jenkins, Ralph Rendon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
Oct 22, 2021 – Details of the BBC Net Zero strategy include: switching to renewables and EVs; reducing business travel; continuing to implement more sustainable production methods; and working with suppliers to reduce emissions within their own organisations.
News categories: BBC, SBTi, Tim Davie, Danielle Mulder, Christina Figueres, Digital TV, UK
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania