Digital TV News: FilmStruck
AT&T completes acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
Jun 15, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has completed its acquisition of Time Warner, bringing together global media and entertainment leaders Warner Bros., HBO and Turner with AT&T’s leadership in technology and its video, mobile and broadband customer relationships.
News categories: AT&T, Time Warner, Randall Stephenson, John Donovan, John Stankey, Jeff Bewkes, Lori Lee, Brian Lesser, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
Accenture provides video platform for Turner’s OTT products
May 22, 2018 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has announced that Turner is using the Accenture Video Solution platform to help manage and operate some of the company’s OTT products. This includes FilmStruck in the UK, and Cartoon Network TV Everywhere (TVE) in Asia Pacific.
News categories: Accenture, Turner, Sef Tuma, Aksel van der Wal, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Turner to launch Bleacher Report Live streaming service
Mar 27, 2018 – Turner has announced that it will launch a premium live sports streaming service – 'Bleacher Report Live' – in April. B/R Live will serve as the central hub for both the discovery and consumption of live sports content.
News categories: Turner, Bleacher Report, David Levy, Lenny Daniels, Dave Finocchio, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Turner announces international SVOD service with roll-out of FilmStruck
Jan 19, 2018 – Turner International and Warner Bros have announced a joint venture to launch a multi-territory movie streaming service. FilmStruck’s launch in the international marketplace will leverage the strength of assets at both companies.
News categories: Turner, Warner Bros, Curzon, Aksel van der Wal, Craig Hunegs, Philip Mordecai, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Turner to launch U.S. sports streaming platform with UEFA matches
Aug 17, 2017 – Turner and UEFA have announced an agreement for the exclusive presentation of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. Based on the rights, Turner will launch a standalone premium sports streaming video service.
News categories: Turner, UEFA, David Levy, Lenny Daniels, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
You.i Engine adds support for Roku Scene Graph 7.6
Jun 5, 2017 – You.i TV has extended the cross-platform reach of its video experience platform by adding support for Roku Scene Graph 7.6. Apps built on You.i Engine for Roku support the standard monetization and discovery features of the platform.
News categories: You.i TV, Filmstruck, Roku, Jason Flick, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, UX, Worldwide
Turner announces FilmStruck SVOD service
Oct 6, 2016 – Turner has announced that the launch of FilmStruck, the company’s first U.S. SVOD service. FilmStruck will feature the largest streaming library of contemporary and classic arthouse, indie, foreign and cult films as well as bonus content.
News categories: Turner, FilmStruck, The Criterion Collection, Coleman Breland, Jennifer Dorian, Peter Becker, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023