Digital TV News: Freescale
IC Insights shows big changes in 2013 top 20 semi supplier ranking
Apr 1, 2014 – The top 20 worldwide semiconductor sales leaders for 2013 included nine suppliers headquartered in the U.S., three in Japan, three in Taiwan, three in Europe, and two in South Korea, a relatively broad representation of geographic regions, according to IC Insights.
News categories: IC Insights, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
Dec 3, 2013 – Following a 2.5 percent decline in 2012, the global semiconductor market has regained its footing in 2013 with revenue set to expand by nearly 5 percent because of the strong performance of the memory sector.
News categories: IHS Inc, Dale Ford, Market Research, Semiconductor
Worldwide total semiconductor market to grow 3% in 2013
Sep 12, 2013 – According to ABI Research, the worldwide semiconductor market is expected to grow 3% from 2012 to 2013. There has been sequential market growth from 1Q13 to 2Q13 and the vast majority of the top 20 vendors are expecting 3Q13 to grow revenues again.
News categories: ABI Research, Peter Cooney, Market Research, Semiconductor
Rovi and Freescale unveil Android chipset certified for DivX Plus Streaming
Jul 11, 2013 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Freescale is releasing an Android chipset certified for DivX Plus Streaming. The Freescale i.MX 6Quad applications processor is designed for use in a broad range of consumer electronics (CE) products.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Freescale, Media Player, Semiconductor, Streaming
Jungo Supports HD Video in its Automotive Connectivity Middleware
May 30, 2012 – Jungo has added playback and distribution of HD video support to its In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) middleware. The company's automotive connectivity middleware with HD video support will be on display at the Telematics Detroit 2012 conference.
News categories: Jungo, In-Car, Middleware
Global System-On-a-Chip Market to Reach US$48.8 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the System-On-a-Chip (SoC) market. The market for SoCs is projected to reach US$48.8 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Semiconductor
Rovi Signs With Freescale for First DivX Plus Streaming Mobile Agreement
Feb 28, 2012 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced its DivX Plus Streaming™ technology will be integrated into the latest Freescale i.MX 6 series ARM®-based processors for tablets and other smart mobile devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Freescale, Media Player, MWC21, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet
ARM Forecast to Significantly Increase Lead in the Battle for the Digital Home
Jul 12, 2011 – Preliminary findings from Semicast's forthcoming report 'Opportunities for Embedded Processors in the Digital Home' show ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) increased its position as the leading architecture for embedded processors in digital home applications in 2010.
News categories: Semicast, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 – Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel's chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way