Digital TV News: Freeview NZ
Freeview NZ to sunset On Demand service by late 2022
Dec 14, 2021 – Freeview NZ is to end Freeview On Demand by late 2022. The service is offered as an addition to Live TV on Smart TVs and STBs. The content will still be available on-demand, just accessed on broadcasters’ own apps or websites.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX
Freeview NZ on demand platform available via OTT STB
Jun 5, 2019 – Freeview New Zealand's On Demand platform is now available on the recently released Freeview streaming device (DISH TV SmartVU X). SmartVU X is a tiny gadget that connects to almost any TV and streams Freeview Live TV over the internet.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Apps, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming
Freeview NZ PVR combines Freeview features with streaming apps
Dec 10, 2018 – Freeview, in collaboration with Dish TV, Google and local content providers, has released the first Android TV powered PVR in New Zealand. The Freeview Recorder combines the entire suite of Freeview features with apps and extra content available through Google Play.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Freeview NZ rolls out new On Demand experience
Jul 4, 2018 – Freeview New Zealand has commenced roll-out of a new On Demand TV Platform to replace the existing FreeviewPlus service. The new Freeview On Demand provides a more seamless experience and easier access to shows and movies.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Digital TV, New Zealand, UX
Freeview NZ to launch new on-demand platform and connected PVR
Oct 19, 2017 – Freeview New Zealand has announced the launch of a new PVR along with a new Freeview On Demand platform combining Live TV and On Demand services. The PVR will be the first device to combine Freeview Live TV, Freeview On Demand and Freeview Record capabilities.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Digital TV, HbbTV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Freeview NZ extends FreeviewPlus to satellite
Apr 21, 2016 – Freeview New Zealand rolls out FreeviewPlus on their satellite platform. Available since July 2015 to those living in Freeview|HD coverage areas, and requiring a UHF aerial, FreeviewPlus can now also be accessed via satellite dish.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Sam Irvine, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
FreeviewPlus launches in New Zealand
Jul 1, 2015 – Freeview has launched a new digital TV platform designed to give New Zealanders easy access to on-demand video services on their TVs - FreeviewPlus. FreeviewPlus uses HbbTV to enable integration of broadcast TV and on-demand services.
News categories: Freeview NZ, TVNZ, MediaWorks, Māori TV, Sam Irvine, Kevin Kenrick, Mark Weldon, Paora Maxwell, Digital TV, HbbTV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Freeview NZ surges as digital switch over looms
Feb 3, 2012 – Freeview New Zealand sales hit record highs in 2011. The latest figures show that the number of MyFreeview digital TV recorders grew by 180% in 2011 compared to the previous year and sales of other Freeview receivers grew by 75% over the same period.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
BBC iPlayer Launches On Freeview HD Via MHEG-IC Connected TV Technology
Apr 7, 2011 – IMPALA has welcomed the launch of the BBC iPlayer on UK DTT service Freeview HD. The catch-up TV service debut has been made possible by the deployment of the connected TV variant of MHEG - the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC).
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview, BBC iPlayer, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated