Digital TV News: Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
Dec 6, 2021 – Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FYBR) has announced a partnership with YouTube TV offering Frontier customers a streaming solution that allows them to cut the cord and still watch premium live and on-demand content.
News categories: Frontier Communications, YouTube TV, John Harrobin, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming, USA
'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
Jun 22, 2021 – Several U.S. television distributors and TV brands have announced the formation of Go Addressable, an industry initiative designed to accelerate efforts to deliver scaled, addressable TV.
News categories: Go Addressable, Adam Gerber, Mike Dean, Sean Cunningham, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Frontier Communications agrees restructuring with bondholders
Apr 14, 2020 – Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) has announced that it has entered into a Restructuring Support Agreement with bondholders. To implement the plan, the company has voluntarily gone into Chapter 11.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Robert Schriesheim, Bernie Han, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, Finance, USA
Canoe adds Frontier to its dynamic ad insertion platform
Oct 28, 2019 – Canoe Ventures has added Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) to its footprint of VOD-DAI enabled television distributors. Frontier joins Charter (NASDAQ:CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox as the fourth MVPD to utilize Canoe’s Service Assurance platform.
News categories: Canoe, Frontier Communications, Joel Hassell, Marcien Jenckes, James Frogameni, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
TiVo reports 3Q 2018 results
Nov 7, 2018 – TiVo Corporation (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2018. The Company continues to explore all possible strategic alternatives to maximize value for its shareholders.
News categories: TiVo Corp, http://bit.ly/2D9PLED, Big Data, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
4K Ultra HD TVs driving the flat panel TV market
Jul 12, 2018 – The increasing number of worldwide 4K flat panel TV shipments over the past few years is contributing to growth of the global flat panel TV market. 4K TV units account for more than one-third of TVs sold in 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
May 22, 2018 – Customer satisfaction with video streaming services in the U.S. far eclipses that of subscription TV, according to an ACSI customer satisfaction report. In the report video streaming services had a score of 75, way above subscription TV’s score of 62.
News categories: American Customer Satisfaction Index, David VanAmburg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, USA, UX
Frontier Communications signs up to Energy-Efficiency Voluntary Agreements
Nov 27, 2017 – Frontier Communications has joined as a signatory of two voluntary agreements to continue the ongoing improvement of the energy efficiency of its set-top boxes, as well as modems and routers used for broadband Internet services.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange