Digital TV News: Genesis Microchip
STMicroelectronics Unveils System-on-Chip for Broadband-Internet Integrated Digital TVs
Dec 16, 2009 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced the launch of a new generation of high-performance, full high-definition (FHD) H.264/MPEG System-on-Chip (SoC) ICs for the worldwide flat-panel digital TV (DTV) market.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV
McObject Set-Top Box Embedded Software Shortens Development Time
Oct 5, 2009 – McObject® has announced the availability of its eXtremeDB™ embedded software platform for set-top box electronic programming guides (EPGs), enabling providers of set-top boxes to reduce costs and offer a richer tool for end-users.
News categories: McObject, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics at CEATEC JAPAN 2008
Sep 25, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) will showcase its latest products and technologies for applications across a wide variety of markets, including home appliances, automotive, industrial, computer, healthcare and wireless, at CEATEC JAPAN 2008.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Worldwide TV IC Market Grew 21% Y/Y in Q2'08; Mediatek Remains the Market Leader
Sep 11, 2008 – The worldwide market for TV ICs was 29.8 million units in Q2'08, 21% higher than Q2'07. Shipments were up 7.8% compared to Q1'08, as TV set makers built in line with seasonality and rapid flat panel TV sales growth in the US and Eastern Europe.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
STMicroelectronics Completes Acquisition of Genesis Microchip
Jan 25, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has announced that it has performed all necessary steps to complete its acquisition of Genesis Microchip Inc. and has therefore concluded the acquisition.
News categories: Genesis Microchip, STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart TV
STMicroelectronics Reports 2007 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Revenues and Earnings
Jan 22, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) reported financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2007. Net revenues for the fourth quarter increased 6.9% sequentially to $2.74 billion from the $2.57 billion reported in the prior quarter.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Full Release, Digital TV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
LG Electronics Designs Genesis Microchip's 'Douglas' SoC into New Digital TV Platforms
Jan 8, 2008 – Genesis® Microchip (Nasdaq:GNSS) has announced that it has begun volume shipments to LG Electronics of its Douglas Digital TV controller to power LG's new LCD and Plasma Digital TV platforms.
News categories: Genesis Microchip, LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Genesis Microchip Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2008 Financial Results
Nov 1, 2007 – Genesis Microchip (Nasdaq:GNSS) has announced its financial results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2008, which ended September 30, 2007.
News categories: Genesis Microchip, Earnings Release, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Results, Semiconductor, Smart TV
DisplaySearch Reports Q2'07 TV IC Shipments Rose 12% Q/Q and 51% Y/Y
Sep 26, 2007 – According to DisplaySearch, Q2'07 video processor, MPEG video processor and de-interlacer/scalar unit shipment growth was 12% Q/Q and 51% on a Y/Y basis. Overall revenues declined 3% Q/Q due to ASP margin declines in the quarter that were faster than unit shipment growth but showed a 8% Y/Y increase.
News categories: DisplaySearch, NPD Group, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th