Digital TV News: Gerdus van Eeden
MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
Nov 24, 2020 – Metrological has aannounced that it has been selected by MultiChoice to bring OTT services, international apps and localized content to subscribers across Africa on its Explora Ultra set-top box and Streama OTT platform.
News categories: Metrological, MultiChoice, Jeroen Ghijsen, Gerdus van Eeden, Africa, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Streaming
MultiChoice launches ARRIS HD PVR with HEVC for streaming
Nov 10, 2016 – MultiChoice has launched the DStv Explora 2 decoder from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to customers in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. Its HEVC technology will reduce the bandwidth needed to stream or download shows.
News categories: ARRIS International, Naspers, Steve McCaffery, Gerdus van Eeden, Africa, Digital TV, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice selects Clearleap to accelerate multiscreen strategy
Apr 16, 2014 – Clearleap has been selected by MultiChoice to accelerate its multiscreen strategy and provide efficient management and delivery of its television content over both IP network and traditional pay-TV networks.
News categories: Clearleap, MultiChoice, Gerdus Van Eeden, Braxton Jarratt, Content Distribution, Mobile, South Africa
STMicroelectronics powers new Set-Top Boxes from MultiChoice
Jan 7, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has revealed that its STiH237 System-on-Chip (SoC) will be powering the latest generation of High-Definition (HD), non-PVR set-top boxes currently under development by MultiChoice, South Africa's leading pay-TV operator.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MultiChoice, Gerdus van Eeden, Alessandro Messi, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice Selects Harmonic for Large Scale DVB-T2 Deployment in Africa
Dec 6, 2011 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that MultiChoice Africa (JSE: NPN), the sub-Saharan multichannel digital satellite television provider, has selected Harmonic's digital video headend solutions for its new Pan-African DVB-T2 network.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, MultiChoice Africa, Africa, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
MultiChoice launches affordable PVR decoder
May 27, 2010 – Multichoice (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has launched a much more affordable PVR decoder that is also capable of delivering HD programmes. The HD PVR 2P decoder is released in time for the FIFA World Cup to give South Africans the chance to experience the benefits of PVR.
News categories: Multichoice, DStv, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
DStv first to launch DVB over IP in South Africa
Apr 16, 2010 – DVB over IP has been launched to commercial establishments by MultiChoice. The service will be provided to hotels, shopping malls and offices. Later this year the service will be extended to gated residential communities and residential apartments.
News categories: MultiChoice, IPTV, South Africa
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying