Digital TV News: GfK
Share of smart TVs in Germany continues to rise
May 30, 2022 – In the first four months of the year, the share of smart TVs in Germany continued to rise. According to GfK SE, slightly more than 1.6 million TV sets were sold in Germany during this period. Almost all of these sets were smart.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Daily audio and audiovisual media usage in Germany now at 10 hours
Feb 3, 2022 – For the first time, people aged 14 and over in Germany consumed audiovisual media for an average of 10 hours per day, according to the VAUNET Media Usage Analysis for 2021, compiled by the VAUNET Association of Private Media.
News categories: VAUNET, Johannes Leibiger, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
Oct 14, 2021 – According to GfK SE, a total of around 4 million TV sets were sold in Germany in the first three quarters of 2021. Of these, around 3.7 million were smart TVs that enable the use of apps or media libraries via HbbTV or the internet.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, ZVEI, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
Apr 20, 2021 – According to GfK, a total of around 1.45 million TV sets were sold in Germany in the first quarter of 2021. Of these, 1.1 million were UHD TVs, which corresponds to a UHD share of 75% (Q1 2020: 70%).
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
Jan 25, 2021 – According to GfK, 6.6 million Smart TVs were sold in Germany in 2020, up 20% on 2019. The share of smart TV sets that enable the use of apps or catch-up TV via HbbTV and the internet continued to rise.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
Oct 22, 2020 – Around 4.1 million smart TV sets were sold in Germany in the first nine months of 2020 according to GfK Retail & Technology - almost 14 percent more than in the previous year (Q1-Q3 2019: 3.6 million).
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TCL ranked #2 in TV shipments in 2019
Mar 2, 2020 – According to Sigmaintell, TCL Electronics (01070.HK) grew strongly in overseas markets in 2019 driving the company's total TV shipments for the year to 32 million units, up 12% over the previous year.
News categories: TCL, Sigmaintell, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
U.S. consumers spend more time with TV than all other ad-supported media
Feb 26, 2020 – GfK, in collaboration with TVB, has announced preliminary results from the 2020 Media Comparisons Study. Key findings indicate American consumers spend more time with television than all other ad-supported media platforms.
News categories: TVB, GfK, Steve Lanzano, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Germans watching more than 5 hours of video and TV each day
Jan 22, 2019 – According to VAUNET's Media Usage Analysis, during 2018 audiovisual media usage by Germans rose to over nine hours a day for the first time. Radio and TV continued to be by far the most frequently consumed types of media.
News categories: VAUNET, Dr. Harald Flemming, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data