Digital TV News: Giles Baker
Dolby Vision comes to Vestel OLED and Ultra HD TVs
Nov 9, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and Vestel have announced that Dolby Vision will be featured across the entire range of Vestel’s Ultra HD (UHD) TV’s, including Vestel’s new range of OLED TVs.
News categories: Dolby Laboratories, Vestel, Giles Baker, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Huawei and Dolby announce world’s first Dolby Vision STB for IPTV
Oct 24, 2017 – Huawei and Dolby (NYSE: DLB) have announced that the Huawei Q22 is the first IPTV set-top box in the world to support Dolby Vision HDR technology. Dolby Vision delivers greater brightness and contrast, as well as a fuller palette of rich colors.
News categories: Huawei, Dolby, Guipei Chen, Giles Baker, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar IC supports Dolby Multistream Decoder MS12 V2
Aug 30, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) and MStar have announced a solution to deliver immersive Dolby Atmos experiences to TV sets. MStar has made available the latest iteration of Dolby Multistream Decoder MS12 on the first IC to support both MS12 v2.2 GA and Dolby Vision.
News categories: Dolby, MStar Semi, Giles Baker, Sean Lin, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Dolby and Netflix offer combined Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision streaming experience
Jun 28, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Netflix is to deliver the first combined Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision HDR streaming experience to consumers around the world. Netflix members will soon be able to experience Okja, the Netflix Original Film, in both formats.
News categories: Dolby, Netflix, Giles Baker, Greg Peters, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Sigma Designs shipping first UHD TV chip with Dolby Vision
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has begun delivering volume quantities of its STV7701 Ultra HD High Dynamic Range (HDR). The single-chip is the only product shipping that supports multiple HDR standards including Dolby Vision, BD UHD HDR, and HDR 10.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dolby, Giles Baker, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar adopts Dolby Vision for 4K Ultra HD TV SoCs
Oct 14, 2015 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) has announced a collaboration with MStar Semiconductor to add Dolby Vision to MStar's 4K Ultra HD SoCs for HDR TVs in 2016. Dolby has worked with Mstar to optimize Dolby Vision for integration into MStar's video processing engine.
News categories: Dolby, MStar Semi, Giles Baker, Sean Lin, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
HiSilicon to add Dolby Vision HDR to Ultra HD chipsets
Sep 3, 2015 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and HiSilicon have announced a collaboration to offer Dolby Vision 4K SoC technologies for Ultra HD on HiSilicon's Hi3798C V200 STB chipset - the first such chipset to support Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: HiSilicon, Dolby, Qiu Gang, Giles Baker, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
VIZIO and Sony Visual Products adopt Dolby AC-4
Jul 14, 2015 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) has announced partnerships with VIZIO and Sony Visual Products to drive the adoption of Dolby AC-4 in televisions for next-generation broadcast systems and streaming internet content. Dolby AC-4 is targeted for availability in TVs starting in 2017.
News categories: Dolby, VIZIO, Sony Visual Products, Giles Baker, Matt McRae, Toshi Suzuki, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Harmonic supports first live, on-air ATSC trial of Dolby AC-4
Jul 14, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that it recently played a key part in the world’s first live, on-air ATSC demo of Dolby AC-4, the new audio format that addresses the current and future needs of next-generation video and audio entertainment services including broadcast and Internet streaming.
News categories: Harmonic, Dolby, Bart Spriester, Giles Baker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools