Digital TV News: IDC
Smart home devices to maintain steady growth through 2023
Sep 23, 2019 – The worldwide market for smart home devices is expected to grow 23.5% YoY in 2019 to nearly 815 million device shipments, according to IDC. Shipments are forecast to be more than 1.39 billion in 2023 giving a CAGR of 14.4%.
News categories: IDC, Adam Wight, Jitesh Ubrani, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
Sep 13, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and EKT have announced that they are extending their partnership to integrate the NetRange Application Store, a widely deployed Smart TV store with a worldwide catalogue of thousands of apps, to deliver next generation TV and OTT consumer experiences.
News categories: ACCESS CO, EKT, Netrange, Dr. Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Midco chooses TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Jul 29, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Midco has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform. Midco will utilize the platform to transition to IPTV by deploying TiVo’s IPTV suite of solutions, including IPVOD, IP Linear, Restart, Catch-Up and Network DVR, across a host of clients.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Midco, Jeffrey Glahn, Jon Pederson, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Google leads European Smart Home market in 1Q19
Jul 1, 2019 – In the first quarter of this year, the smart home market in Europe grew 23.9%, reaching 21.3 million units shipped to the region, according to IDC. Video entertainment devices shipped 12.7 million units in 1Q19, increasing 11.2% annually.
News categories: IDC, Antonio Arantes, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
AR/VR headsets return to growth in Q1
Jun 26, 2019 – The worldwide AR and VR headset market returned to growth after a year of decline as global shipments during the first quarter of 2019 (1Q19) reached 1.3 million, up 27.2% from the same quarter last year, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Growing acceptance of Smart Home devices
Jun 25, 2019 – Global shipments for smart home devices reached 168.6 million in the first quarter of 2019 (1Q19), up 37.3% from the previous year, according to IDC. This growth was driven by the growing acceptance of connected devices within the home.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Adam Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Commercial and Public Sector investments to drive AR/VR spending
Jun 4, 2019 – Worldwide spending on augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) is forecast to reach $160 billion in 2023, up significantly from the $16.8 billion forecast for 2019. According to IDC, the five-year CAGR for AR/VR spending will be 78.3%.
News categories: IDC, Tom Mainelli, Marcus Torchia, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
May 15, 2019 – After three consecutive years of growth, with year-over-year growth of 13.2% in 2018, the latest update from IDC forecasts that worldwide semiconductor revenue will decline to $440 billion in 2019, down 7.2% from $474 billion in 2018.
News categories: IDC, Mario Morales, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide spending on telecoms and pay TV totaled $1,615 billion in 2018
May 10, 2019 – Worldwide spending on telecom services and pay TV services totaled $1,615 billion in 2018, an increase of 0.8% year over year, according to IDC. IDC expects worldwide spending on Telecom and Pay TV services to reach $1,657 billion in 2023.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- African SVOD subscribers to more than quadruple
- Zapi OTT pay TV service launches in Spain with Mirada
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery