Digital TV News: IMPALA
BBC iPlayer Launches On Freeview HD Via MHEG-IC Connected TV Technology
Apr 7, 2011 – IMPALA has welcomed the launch of the BBC iPlayer on UK DTT service Freeview HD. The catch-up TV service debut has been made possible by the deployment of the connected TV variant of MHEG - the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC).
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview, BBC iPlayer, MHEG-5, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
MHEG Features As Part Of Asian DVB-T2 Transmission Trial
Feb 28, 2011 – IMPALA has announced that MHEG is forming a key part of the DVB-T2 technology workshop and transmission trial immediately prior to Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union Digital Broadcasting Symposium in Malaysia.
News categories: IMPALA, Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union, DVB-T2, Malaysia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Terrestrial
CI Plus Specification Benefits From HD MHEG Upgrade In Version 1.3
Jan 26, 2011 – The International MHEG Promotion Alliance has welcomed the launch of version 1.3 of the CI Plus standard. v1.3 conformance will become mandatory for new receivers integrating CI Plus no later than the 1st of August 2012.
News categories: CI Plus, IMPALA, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
IMPALA Welcomes New Advanced CI Plus Conformance Test Including MHEG Browser
Sep 7, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the news of a new, advanced CI Plus (CI+) test tool for ensuring compatible receivers conform to the latest specification.
News categories: IMPALA, CAM, MHEG-5
MHEG Community Welcomes RTÉ's Selection Of MHEG For Irish DTT
Aug 4, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the news that Ireland's public broadcaster RTÉ has selected MHEG as the interactive middleware for the rollout of its national DTT service.
News categories: IMPALA, RTÉ, Ireland, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ETSI Adds Hybrid TV Interaction Channel In MHEG Middleware Update
May 5, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that ETSI has published the latest version of the market-leading public standard interactive TV middleware as a formal European standard.
News categories: IMPALA, MHEG-5, Middleware
Millionth customer for Freesat
Mar 29, 2010 – Freesat, the joint venture between the BBC and ITV in the UK, has announced that it has passed the 1 million customer mark.
News categories: Freesat, IMPALA, Digital TV, Market Research, MHEG-5, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Freeview NZ Adopts MHEG Interaction Channel For Hybrid Services
Feb 25, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview NZ has adopted the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) from the D-book 6.1 as part of an upgrade to its MHEG Country Profile that will allow hybrid services to be provided.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview NZ, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
IMPALA welcomes beta release of MHEG Interaction Channel by Freesat
Dec 7, 2009 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, today welcomes the news of the beta release of the world"Ÿs first deployment of hybrid broadcast broadband MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) by UK free-to-air satellite platform Freesat.
News categories: IMPALA, Freesat, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021
- Megacable subscribers up 24,000 in 1Q 2021
- Proximus Luxembourg selects Verimatrix VCAS
- Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
- Verizon Media and VIZIO announce connected TV advertising partnership
- IBM extends Watson advertising AI to OTT media and streaming
- Conviva releases Q1 2021 State of Streaming report
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 491,000 in 1Q 2021
- HISPASAT to take over Media Networks Latin America
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 230,000 in 1Q 2021
- Amazon Prime Video app added to UPC TV in Switzerland