Digital TV News: Jane Clarke
CIMM identifies best ways to combine STB and Smart TV data
Jan 28, 2021 – The CIMM has released a study identifying best practices for integration of STB and Smart TV data. The combination comes closer to creating nationally representative data sets for linear and streaming TV programming and advertising use cases.
News categories: CIMM, Pre-Meditated Media, Jane Clarke, Gerard Broussard, Howard Shimmel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement adds 12 new members
May 5, 2020 – The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM) has announced that Ampersand, Charter, Data ImpacX, Dativa, IRI, Janus Strategy & Insights, LiveRamp, New York Interconnect, Sequent Partners, Tru Optik, TVSquared and VideoAmp have joined.
News categories: CIMM, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CIMM launches best practices study on combining Smart TV and STB data
May 1, 2020 – CIMM has announced the launch of a study to develop best practices in building large scale, granular data sets to measure all forms of TV viewing by combining the anonymous viewing data from both Smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: CIMM, Pre-Meditated Media, Jane Clarke, Gerard Broussard, Howard Shimmel, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
VideoAmp extends TV viewership data access via partnership with TiVo
Dec 16, 2019 – VideoAmp is partnering with TiVo to allow it to combine TV viewership data from Smart TVs (ACR) with the same from cable and satellite set-top boxes. The expanded data set extends VideoAmp’s TV Viewership data pool to cover 25 million devices in 19 million U.S. households.
News categories: VideoAmp, TiVo, Randy Laughlin, Walt Horstman, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
TVision raises $6.8m for attention-based ad measurement
Oct 26, 2016 – TVision has secured $6.8M in funding to expand operations. TVision captures TV and OTT video attention data passively using sensor-based technology and algorithms to detect actual eyes-on-screen.
News categories: TVision Insights, Accomplice, Jane Clarke, Ryan Moore, Advertising, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV