Digital TV News: Jason Blackwell
Cable Operators to Deploy 10 Million Video Gateways in 2016
Oct 28, 2011 – Cable video gateways, devices that integrate the functions of a broadband router with set-top box functions, will grow from less than 700 thousand units in 2010 to over 10 million in 2016, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Set Top Box
Hybrid Set-Top Boxes Empower Satellite Vendors to Compete in an On-Demand World
Oct 19, 2011 – Hybrid box penetration will rise above 60% by 2016 as operators look at IP-based video on demand (VOD) and advertising solutions, as well as interactive content, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Game Consoles Most Used Connected CE Device for Online Video in the US
Aug 25, 2011 – Game consoles were rated as the most used connected CE device in North America to stream Netflix content, according to two recent survey reports by ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Broadcom, ST, Renesas, and Trident Lead $3.3 Billion Set-Top Box IC Market
Aug 3, 2011 – Five companies - Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM), STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), Renesas (TSE: 6723), Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) - dominate the worldwide set-top box SoC market, with a combined market share of 85 percent.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Jiuzhou, Coship Stand to Gain from Asia-Pacific Set-top Box Growth, Says ABI Research
Jul 13, 2011 – The Asia-Pacific region will lead set-top box growth for the next five years, with shipments approaching 50% of the set-top boxes sold worldwide in 2013-2015 before falling off slightly, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
APAC Revenues from Broadband and Pay TV Services To Rise 34% from 2010 to 2016
Jun 30, 2011 – Asia-Pacific telcos are forecast to see service revenues from DSL, fiber broadband and IPTV rise from $52.5 billion in 2010 to $79.5 billion in 2016. Significant revenue growth will come from fiber broadband and IPTV services, says ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Asia, Cable TV, China, India, IPTV, Japan, Market Research
Multi-play Services Drive Global Pay-TV Service Revenue to $53 Billion in 1Q 2011
Jun 9, 2011 – The pay-TV industry continues to grow in both subscriber numbers and service revenue. At the end of first quarter of 2011, pay-TV revenue generated from satellite, cable, terrestrial and telco TV totaled $53 billion, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
OTT Revenues Up to $20 Billion in 2016
May 27, 2011 – The number of online video viewers worldwide is expected to eclipse 1.3 billion by 2016, growing from a current 2010 base of just over 780 million. The Over the Top (OTT) video industry will likewise grow, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Market Research, Streaming
Telco TV and Internet TV Capture Share from Cable TV in Mature Markets, According to ABI Research
May 19, 2011 – According to new market data from ABI Research, 11.3 million pay-TV subscribers were added at the end of first quarter of 2011 after Cable TV operators in Western Europe and North America in particular faced subscriber losses in 2010.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters