Digital TV News: Jason Blackwell
TVs and Blu-ray Players Drive Total Connected Consumer Electronics Shipments to Over Three Billion by 2016
Apr 15, 2011 – A wide range of home media equipment is now network- or internet-enabled, with the number of connected devices shipped into consumer markets expected to increase steadily at a compound annual growth rate of 21% through 2016, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
Samsung Leading in Flat-Panel TVs and Nintendo for Gaming in Race for Connected Home Dominance
Mar 16, 2011 – The latest release of ABI Research's 'Connected Home Devices Market Data' shows that for the category of flat-panel TVs (including LCD, LED and plasma) Samsung held the largest market share of almost 20% in the first three quarters of 2010.
News categories: ABI Research, Gaming, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming
Cable TV Platforms Struggling as 56 Million Pay TV Subscribers Added in 2010, Says ABI Research
Feb 23, 2011 – According to the most recent market data from ABI Research, there were more than 704 million pay-TV subscribers globally at the end of 2010, an increase of more than 56 million.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
The Asia-Pacific Region to Lead Set-Top Box Market Growth for the Next Five Years, Says ABI Research
Feb 9, 2011 – The Asia-Pacific region will lead worldwide set-top box market growth for the next five years, according to new data from ABI Research. Asia-Pacific's share of the market will approach 50% of all set-top boxes sold worldwide in 2013-2015.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Increasing DLNA Software Certification Will Propel the Adoption and Connection of Devices within the Home Network, Says ABI Research
Jan 24, 2011 – According to ABI Research data, more than 440 million DLNA-certified devices - from digital cameras to game consoles to TVs - had been installed in users' homes by the end of 2010.
News categories: ABI Research, CES2023, Gaming, Home Server, Market Research, Media Player, Smart Home
Over the Top (OTT) Video Is Slowly Making Its Way to Set-top Boxes
Nov 24, 2010 – According to ABI Research, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) set-top box shipments surpassed MPEG-2-only set-top box shipments for the first time in 2010. Despite the support for advanced encoding, pay-TV operators worldwide have been slow to support interactive features.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Robust Telco TV Service Revenue Growth Seen in 3Q 2010
Nov 17, 2010 – According to the latest figures from ABI Research, global pay-TV service revenue totaled $55.5 billion during the third quarter of 2010, approximately a 9% increase from the same period in 2009.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
2.7 Million Fiber Broadband Subscribers Added Globally in 3Q-2010
Nov 12, 2010 – Global fixed broadband subscribers increased by 1.4% from 456.5 million in the second quarter of 2010 to 463 million in the third quarter of 2010, according to ABI Research's most recent broadband subscriber Market Data.
News categories: ABI Research, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Global Pay-TV Market Served 692 Million Subscribers in 3Q-2010, Says ABI Research
Nov 4, 2010 – In 3Q-2010, net subscriber addition in the global pay-TV market increased 2% over 2Q-2010 according to ABI Research's recent pay-TV market data.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania