Digital TV News: Jim Denney
EPIX app launches on TiVo set-tops at Atlantic Broadband
Jan 24, 2017 – EPIX has announced that it will offer EPIX content through an app that enables authenticated subscribers to access EPIX’s library of more than 2,000 Hollywood movies on TiVo devices. The app will first launch with Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: EPIX, TiVo, Atlantic Broadband, NCTC, Mark Greenberg, Jim Denney, David Isenberg, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
U.S. broadband households watch 17.4 hours of non-linear video per week
Oct 23, 2014 – Research from Parks Associates shows the average U.S. broadband household now watches more than 17 hours of non-linear video per week, compared to 11.5 hours of linear video. Non-linear video is already the majority of TV viewed by consumers aged 18-24.
News categories: Parks Associates, TiVo Inc, Barbara Kraus, Jim Denney, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Out-of-home streaming for TiVo Roamio users
Oct 24, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of out-of-home streaming on the TiVo Roamio Pro and TiVo Roamio Plus DVRs, letting you stream and download your live TV and recorded content to your smartphones and tablets from anywhere.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jim Denney, Colin Dixon, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
TiVo adds Opera Software to Roamio
Aug 29, 2013 – Opera (OSEBX:OPERA) and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced a technology integration to enhance the power of web technologies on TiVo devices with the Opera Devices SDK, as well as open up the world of HTML5 TV apps through the Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, TiVo Inc, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
TiVo Launches TiVo Mini, Extends Whole-Home Viewing Experience
Mar 11, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the retail availability of TiVo® Mini, a companion device that allows TiVo users to access apps and extend the viewing of live TV, recorded and streaming content, as well as on-demand programming, to rooms throughout their homes without an additional TiVo DVR.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Digital TV, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Zenverge Content Networking IC Enables TiVo® Stream to Revolutionize Multiroom DVRs
Sep 6, 2012 – Zenverge has announced that its ZN200 quad HD content networking SOC powers the TiVo® (NASDAQ: TIVO) Stream, a transcoding platform that connects TiVo Premiere multiroom digital video recorders (DVRs) with other IP-connected devices.
News categories: Zenverge, TiVo Inc, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, IBC2023, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
TiVo Launches TiVo Stream, Enabling Subscribers to Watch Recordings on Their iPads
Sep 6, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of TiVo® Stream, an accessory allowing TiVo® Premiere DVR users to watch recordings on their iPads or stream shows and DVR content to their iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® without interrupting normal TV viewing.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Insignia Unveils Connected TV with Award-winning TiVo Design
Aug 1, 2011 – Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) has announced the arrival of its Insignia Connected TV. Insignia Connected TV customers can simply enjoy broadcast and online movies, shows, and music. The TV was developed as part of its TiVo® Design (NASDAQ: TIVO) partnership.
News categories: Best Buy, TiVo Inc, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
TiVo and Best Buy Developing Insignia Brand Connected Televisions
May 25, 2010 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) have announced that development is underway to integrate TiVo's software and advanced television services into broadband-connected Insignia televisions.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Best Buy, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024