Digital TV News: John Buffone
Tablets are fastest growing connected device in U.S.
Dec 9, 2014 – Tablet ownership among U.S. consumers is on the rise, and growing at a faster rate than that of any other connected device. According to NPD, as of the third quarter of 2014 there were 109 million tablets in use, up 35 million from last year.
News categories: Connected Intelligence, John Buffone, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Tablet, USA
US adds 6 million streaming media players over past year
Sep 4, 2014 – Streaming media players were added to 6 million U.S. homes over the past year, increasing ownership penetration to 17 percent of U.S. Internet households in the second quarter (Q2) of 2014, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
U.S. ownership of connected TV devices to grow 100% by 2017
Jul 21, 2014 – By 2017 there will be 204 million connected TV devices linked to the Internet and able to deliver apps to viewers, more than double the projected number of U.S. Internet households, according to the latest NPD forecast.
News categories: NPD Connected Intelligence, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
42 Million U.S. homes are connecting through TVs or attached content devices
May 15, 2014 – During Q1 of 2014 there were 42 million U.S. households with a TV connected to the Internet, either via a video game console, Blu-ray disc player, streaming media player or the TV itself, according to the NPD Connected Intelligence.
News categories: NPD Connected Intelligence, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV Everywhere, USA
Over 200 million connected TVs and attached content devices expected in U.S. homes by 2015
Dec 19, 2013 – By 2015, there will be 202 million Internet-capable TV devices in U.S homes, a 44 percent increase from the 140 million at the start of 2013, according to the new Connected Home Forecast report from NPD Connected Intelligence.
News categories: NPD, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Nearly half of U.S. internet-capable home entertainment devices are connected and used
May 1, 2013 – Forty-seven percent of home entertainment devices are currently connected and being used for their online capabilities. But the degree to which these devices are used online varies significantly, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
More than 400 Million Devices are Connected in U.S. Homes
Jan 2, 2013 – There are 425 million devices connected to the Internet in U.S. homes, according to a report from The NPD Group. The report found that while computers are still the primary connected device, numerous others are diminishing the computer's relevance to the broadband content marketplace.
News categories: NPD Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver