Digital TV News: Ken Lowe
Sigma Designs Launches New EasyTV™ Dongle With Wireless Display at CES
Jan 7, 2013 – Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that they will be launching its EasyTV Dongle reference design at CES. EasyTV enables users to access multimedia on their cellphone, tablet or laptop and share it on a large screen or projector.
News categories: Sigma Designs, CES2023, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs and MIPS Technologies Strengthen Relationship Targeting Development of Next-Generation Connected Devices
Dec 21, 2010 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reaffirmed its commitment to the MIPS® architecture with a new license agreement. The agreement encompasses a broad spectrum of MIPS32® cores.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Sigma Designs, Licensing, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Sigma Designs Unveils Low-Cost Microsoft Mediaroom Set Top Box Platform
Jul 21, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced availability of the first low-cost Microsoft Mediaroom™ compatible set top box platform based on Sigma's SMP8652 media processor SoC (system-on-chip).
News categories: Sigma Designs, Tatung, Microsoft, Ken Lowe, Luke Dang, Steve Koepp, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViewSonic Uses Sigma Media Processors in new Media Players
Jun 2, 2010 – ViewSonic and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) have jointly announced that ViewSonic's new VMP74 and VMP75 Media Players, supporting a host of new entertainment features, are based on Sigma's SMP8650 series media processor SoCs.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Viewsonic, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Sigma Designs Announces New 3D Graphics-Enabled Media Processor and Celrun Set-Top Box Design Win
Jun 1, 2010 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced the availability of its SMP8656 media processor SoC targeted at higher performance IPTV set-top boxes and Digital Media Players. Celrun (Seoul: 013240) is launching a new line of advanced STBs based on the SMP8656.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Celrun, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Pre-Integrates Reference Chipset Platform With Espial TV Browser
May 19, 2010 – To allow device manufacturers to achieve rapid to time-to-market, Espial® (TSX:ESP) and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have pre-integrated Espial TV Browser version 6.0 and Adobe Flash on Sigma Design chipset reference platforms.
News categories: Espial, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Licenses Stereoscopic RealD Format
Apr 19, 2010 – RealD and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) have announced that support for the stereoscopic RealD Format has been incorporated into Sigma Designs' Media Processors for the delivery and display of high definition 3D content.
News categories: RealD, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sigma Designs To Integrate SENSIO® 3D Format Decoder Into 3D Media Processors
Feb 16, 2010 – SENSIO Technologies (TSX Venture: SIO) has announced that Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has selected the SENSIO® 3D format decoder for integration into its next generation of media processors.
News categories: SENSIO, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Metaverse, Semiconductor
Sigma Designs and SoftAtHome Collaborate to Help Operators Accelerate Time to Market
Jan 7, 2010 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced a partnership with SoftAtHome to deliver the SoftAtHome Operating Platform for hybrid, terrestrial and IP set-top boxes (STBs) on the Sigma Designs' SMP8654 chipset.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Sigma Designs, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated