Digital TV News: Khalid Balkheyour
Arabsat announces FTA DVB-S2 platform on BADR-4
Jul 10, 2017 – Arabsat has announced the launch of its Free-To-Air DVB-S2 platform to carry premium and popular HD international channels, broadcast as Free-to-Air across the Middle East, North Africa & Europe via BADR-4.
News categories: Arabsat, Khalid Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Middle-East, Satellite
Arabsat and ONT launch Tunisian platform on Badr-4 at 26°E
Feb 16, 2017 – Arabsat and ONT have announced the signing of an agreement to launch a Tunisian broadcast platform on Arabsat Badr-4 at 26°E. The platform will start operation by end of Q2, 2017.
News categories: Arabsat, Office National de la Télédiffusion, Khalid Balkheyour, Dhaker Baccouch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Tunisia
ARABSAT and EMC announce triple play over satellite joint venture
Sep 8, 2015 – ARABSAT and EMC have announced a joint venture to launch TRIO, the first real triple play service over satellite in the world. The TRIO platform is built using SATLink technology from EMC with the soon-to-be launched ARABSAT Badr-7 satellite at the MENA hotspot of 26°E.
News categories: ARABSAT, EMC, TRIO, Khalid Balkheyour, Abel Avellan, Santiago Rossi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Arabsat TV launches OTT service with Globecast
Apr 28, 2015 – Globecast and Arabsat have announced the launch of Arabsat TV Everywhere, a multiscreen OTT TV service with live streams of Arabic channels. Arabsat TV Everywhere is available to watch free from almost anywhere in the world.
News categories: Globecast, Arabsat, Giorgio Giacomini, Khalid Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Video Exchange, Worldwide
GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 Expand HbbTV Trial
Sep 20, 2012 – GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 have announced that they will expand their exploratory Hybrid Broadband Broadcast Television (HbbTV) service to the Middle East in fall 2012 with the support of Orange and Arabsat.
News categories: GlobeCast, FRANCE 24, Orange, Arabsat, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Middle-East, Satellite
Arabsat and Sudanese Radio & TV to operate DTH platform from Khartoum
Jul 7, 2009 – The Arab Satellite Communications Organization (Arabsat) and the Sudanese Radio & TV corporation have signed an agreement to launch and operate a DTH platform in Khartoum. The platform is to be ready for operation by the end of this year.
News categories: Arabsat, Sudanese Radio & TV Corp, Content Distribution, Satellite, Sudan
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV