Digital TV News: Khalid Balkheyour
Arabsat announces FTA DVB-S2 platform on BADR-4
Jul 10, 2017 – Arabsat has announced the launch of its Free-To-Air DVB-S2 platform to carry premium and popular HD international channels, broadcast as Free-to-Air across the Middle East, North Africa & Europe via BADR-4.
News categories: Arabsat, Khalid Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Middle-East, Satellite
Arabsat and ONT launch Tunisian platform on Badr-4 at 26°E
Feb 16, 2017 – Arabsat and ONT have announced the signing of an agreement to launch a Tunisian broadcast platform on Arabsat Badr-4 at 26°E. The platform will start operation by end of Q2, 2017.
News categories: Arabsat, Office National de la Télédiffusion, Khalid Balkheyour, Dhaker Baccouch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Tunisia
ARABSAT and EMC announce triple play over satellite joint venture
Sep 8, 2015 – ARABSAT and EMC have announced a joint venture to launch TRIO, the first real triple play service over satellite in the world. The TRIO platform is built using SATLink technology from EMC with the soon-to-be launched ARABSAT Badr-7 satellite at the MENA hotspot of 26°E.
News categories: ARABSAT, EMC, TRIO, Khalid Balkheyour, Abel Avellan, Santiago Rossi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Arabsat TV launches OTT service with Globecast
Apr 28, 2015 – Globecast and Arabsat have announced the launch of Arabsat TV Everywhere, a multiscreen OTT TV service with live streams of Arabic channels. Arabsat TV Everywhere is available to watch free from almost anywhere in the world.
News categories: Globecast, Arabsat, Giorgio Giacomini, Khalid Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Video Exchange, Worldwide
GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 Expand HbbTV Trial
Sep 20, 2012 – GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 have announced that they will expand their exploratory Hybrid Broadband Broadcast Television (HbbTV) service to the Middle East in fall 2012 with the support of Orange and Arabsat.
News categories: GlobeCast, FRANCE 24, Orange, Arabsat, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Middle-East, Satellite
Arabsat and Sudanese Radio & TV to operate DTH platform from Khartoum
Jul 7, 2009 – The Arab Satellite Communications Organization (Arabsat) and the Sudanese Radio & TV corporation have signed an agreement to launch and operate a DTH platform in Khartoum. The platform is to be ready for operation by the end of this year.
News categories: Arabsat, Sudanese Radio & TV Corp, Content Distribution, Satellite, Sudan
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video