Digital TV News: Kishore Seendripu
MaxLinear announces Second Quarter 2015 results
Aug 10, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2015 - the first quarterly results reflecting contribution from the acquisition of Entropic. Net revenue for the second quarter was $70.8 million.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kishore Seendripu, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, LNB, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear to acquire Entropic
Feb 3, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced that they have signed an agreement for MaxLinear to acquire Entropic. Entropic shareholders will receive $1.20 per share in cash and 0.2200 shares of MaxLinear common stock for each Entropic common share outstanding.
News categories: MaxLinear, Entropic, Dr. Kishore Seendripu, Dr. Ted Tewksbury, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
MaxLinear Cable Tuner ICs Power Intel 1Gbps Cable Gateway Reference Designs
May 21, 2012 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL265 / MxL267 Full Spectrum Capture™ 16- and 24-channel cable receivers are used in new DOCSIS 3.0 cable gateway reference designs based on the Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) Puma™ 6.
News categories: MaxLinear, Intel Corp, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MaxLinear Extends China Cable Market Presence With Skyworth Set Top Box Design Win
Jul 11, 2011 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced a major Chinese cable video set-top box design win with market leader Shenzhen Skyworth Digital Technology Co. Ltd. (Hong Kong: 0751).
News categories: MaxLinear, Skyworth, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MaxLinear CMOS Hybrid TV Tuner Enables Mitsumi Line-up of TV Tuner Modules
May 25, 2011 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Mitsumi has completed designs with MxL301RF for its new line-up of hybrid silicon tuner modules targeted at hybrid televisions, BluRay recorders and set top box applications.
News categories: MaxLinear, Mitsumi, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SiliconDust Picks MaxLinear MxL241SF for HDHomeRun® PRIME™ Next-Gen Cable TV System
May 9, 2011 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that SiliconDust has selected the company's MxL241SF cable TV tuners for its three-tuner HDHomeRun® PRIME™ HD cable TV system. The HDHomeRun PRIME has achieved CableLabs® certification for OpenCable™ devices.
News categories: MaxLinear, SiliconDust, Cable TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
Blusens Chooses MaxLinear for its web:tv Home Entertainment Device
Jan 20, 2011 – Blusens has announced that it has chosen MaxLinear's MxL101SF DVB-T HDTV receiver IC for its new web:tv connected home device that brings Internet connectivity to the television set.
News categories: MaxLinear, Blusens, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
MaxLinear Cuts Power and Size of Cable Gateways with New Dual-Channel Tuner and QAM Demod IC
Nov 4, 2010 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL251, a cable TV front end chip with dual tuners and dual QAM demodulators that cuts in half the number of tuners needed for multi-channel DOCSIS and cable video gateways.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Chinese Set-Top Box Makers Tap MaxLinear Cable Tuner for Triple-Play STBs
Sep 13, 2010 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced its MxL201RF has been designed into DOCSIS-compliant tuner modules by CAMEO Communications and set-top box industry leader Coship Electronics for the emerging triple-play market opportunity in the China cable market.
News categories: MaxLinear, Coship, CAMEO Communications, Cable Modem, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES