Digital TV News: LG Channels
LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
Oct 6, 2022 – LG has expanded its smart TV platform business with the recent rolling out of its webOS Hub, delivering more customization options to smart TV makers and more convenience and content to end-users.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
Sep 29, 2022 – Red Bee Media, Nowtilus and Equativ (formerly Smart) have announced the launch of a jointly created FAST offering. High View is the debut customer, distributing the content on LG Smart TVs through LG Channels.
News categories: Red Bee Media, High View, LG Electronics, Nowtilus, Equativ, Steve Nylund, Alexander Trauttmansdorff, Chris Jo, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, Switzerland
Blue Ant Media launches FAST offer on LG Channels in North America
Jun 13, 2022 – Blue Ant Media has announced that a suite of its FAST channels has launched on LG Channels in the U.S. and Canada. The launch builds on Blue Ant Media's momentum in the emerging free streaming space in North America and around the world.
News categories: Blue Ant Media, LG Channels, Jamie Schouela, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Banijay Rights collaborates with Amagi to go FAST
May 25, 2022 – Amagi has announced a partnership with Banijay Rights, the global distribution arm of world-leading independent TV producer Banijay, to drive its Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) strategy worldwide.
News categories: Amagi, Banijay Rights, Srinivasan KA, Shaun Keeble, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Wurl powered FAST channels land on LG Channels
Apr 6, 2022 – Wurl has partnered with LG Electronics to bring Wurl powered FAST Channels to LG Channels. Wurl will be distributing the FAST channels globally while also providing monetization services and maximizing revenue to the company.
News categories: Wurl, LG Electronics, Ingrid Mariotti, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Curiosity Now launches on LG Channels
Mar 21, 2022 – Curiosity has partnered with LG to launch Curiosity Now, a free, ad-supported streaming channel on LG Channels on all LG Smart TV 4.0 and newer models. Curiosity Now offers programming from an extensive library of documentaries, shows and series.
News categories: Curiosity, LG Electronics, Brandon Fong, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Amagi secures $95 million investment in unicorn round
Mar 16, 2022 – Amagi has solidified its position with a new $95 million funding round followed by a 108% YoY growth in revenues. This financing round was led by Accel with participation from existing investors Norwest Venture Partners and Avataar Ventures.
News categories: Amagi, Accel, Norwest Venture Partners, Avataar Ventures, Baskar Subramanian, Shekhar Kirani, Dave Zilberman, Nishant Rao, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
Jan 26, 2022 – LG Ads Solutions has introduced a suite of guaranteed outcome-based media offerings, through which advertisers only pay for connected TV (CTV) ads when they meet specified performance goals, independently validated using third-party data.
News categories: LG Ads, Raghu Kodige, Huw Griffiths, Keith Camoosa, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
LG Channels availability to grow from 14 to 25 countries
Aug 10, 2021 – LG is expanding LG Channels availability from 14 to 25 countries, tripling its European coverage by the end of the year. LG Channels will also be coming to smart TVs powered by its webOS TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023