Digital TV News: Lewis Brewster
Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126
Sep 15, 2023 – Sercomm (TWSE: 5388) has announced the availability of Stiletto, the company's latest turnkey STB solution for RDK, the first RDK Video Accelerator solution based on Broadcom's BCM72126.
News categories: Sercomm, Broadcom, Amir Mobini, Lewis Brewster, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NXP Powers DIRECTV's New Generation High-Definition DVR
Jan 28, 2010 – NXP has announced that its complete High Definition (HD) digital video recorder (DVR) satellite system on chip (SoC) solution has been adopted by DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) to develop the next generation of HD DVR satellite receivers.
News categories: NXP, DIRECTV, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Entropic and NXP Collaborate on Home Networked Set-Top Box Reference Design
Sep 9, 2009 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and NXP Semiconductors have announced that they will demonstrate a MoCA® enabled, high-performance, set-top box (STB) reference design for the satellite, cable and IP STB markets at IBC 2009 in Amsterdam.
News categories: Entropic Communications, NXP, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Conexant and Latens Team to Increase Security and Lower Costs for Pay-TV Operators
Mar 12, 2008 – Conexant Systems (NASDAQ: CNXT) and Latens have announced that they have joined forces to increase security and lower costs for satellite, cable, and digital terrestrial pay television broadcast network operators.
News categories: Latens, Conexant, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Conexant's HDTV Video Decoders Certified for DCS' Analog Copy Protection
Nov 26, 2007 – Conexant (NASDAQ: CNXT) has announced that it has certified Dwight Cavendish Systems' (DCS) analog copy protection technology on its CX2427X and CX2450X MPEG video decoder families.
News categories: Conexant, Dwight Cavendish Systems (DCS), Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor
Conexant's Solution Selected by Skyworth Digital for New Cable Set-Top Boxes
Oct 15, 2007 – Conexant (NASDAQ:CNXT) has announced that Skyworth Digital has chosen the company's highly integrated cable set-top box (STB) MPEG decoder for a new family of digital video broadcast cable (DVB-C) receivers for the Chinese marketplace.
News categories: Conexant, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Conexant Secures Cable STB Design-Wins with DareGlobal
Jul 23, 2007 – Conexant Systems (NASDAQ: CNXT) has announced that DareGlobal has chosen the company's SD MPEG-2 decoders for two new cable STB receivers that are currently being deployed by multi-service operators in the provinces of Jiangsu and Shandong in China.
News categories: Conexant, DareGlobal Technologies, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Conexant Launches DOCSIS 2.0+ IC Solutions
Feb 12, 2007 – Conexant Systems (NASDAQ:CNXT) has introduced a new family of DOCSIS 2.0+/EuroDOCSIS 2.0+ cable modem integrated circuits (ICs) for traditional broadcast and next-generation IP-based broadband video services.
News categories: Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
DTS' and Coding Technologies' MPEG-4 aacPlus/DTS transcoding solution gains major support by chip set manufacturers
Jan 8, 2007 – Coding Technologies and DTS (NASDAQ: DTSI) announced that the companies' 5.1 multi-channel aacPlus/DTS transcoding solution has gained support from Conexant (NASDAQ: CNXT) and Analog Devices (NYSE: ADI) for digital TV set top boxes.
News categories: aacPlus, DTS, Coding Technologies, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set