Digital TV News: Matt Frost
AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
Nov 9, 2023 – AOMedia has announced the release of the Immersive Audio Model and Formats (IAMF) container specification, its first audio container specification offered under AOMedia's royalty-free license.
News categories: AOMedia, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Worldwide
AMD launches ASIC-based media accelerator card
Apr 6, 2023 – AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) has announced its AMD Alveo MA35D media accelerator featuring two ASIC-based video processing units and built to power live interactive streaming services at scale.
News categories: AMD, Dan Gibbons, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ICs, Streaming, Worldwide
HDR10+ reveals further content, distribution and device partners
Apr 21, 2021 – HDR10+ Technologies has revealed additional HDR10+ adopters. HDR10+ is now available from over 100 different companies offering advantages in everything from professional content creation to consumer electronics.
News categories: HDR10+ Technologies, Matt Frost, Mark Ely, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
NETINT announces hardware AV1 video encoder for data centers
Mar 16, 2021 – NETINT Technologies has announced that it achieved a first for the video streaming industry by unveiling a family of ASIC-based AV1 video transcoders packaged in a 2.5" U.2 NVMe and PCIe Add-In-Card (AIC) form factor.
News categories: NETINT Technologies, Alex Liu, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
AOMedia working group formed to promote AV1
Aug 20, 2020 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced the formation of the AOMedia Software Implementation Working Group (SIWG), a member-driven initiative to aid the development of AOMedia AV1 products and services.
News categories: AOMedia, Ioannis Katsavounidis, Xiang Li, Hassene Tmar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Samsung joins the Alliance for Open Media Board of Directors
Apr 3, 2019 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced that Samsung has joined at the Board-level, the first tier of the organization. AOMedia is a nonprofit organization formed with the aim to define and develop open standards for media compression and delivery over the web.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, Samsung, Matt Frost, Seunghwan Cho, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Ittiam accelerates VP9 encoder with Netflix and Google
Mar 31, 2017 – Ittiam has announced completion of a project to enhance the encoding speed of the VP9 encoder. The performance-optimized version is now publicly available as part of the royalty-free, open-source distribution of VP9.
News categories: Ittiam, Netflix, Google, Mukund Srinivasan, David Ronca, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, Streaming, Worldwide
VP9 decoder available for Imagination PowerVR Series6 GPUs
Feb 25, 2014 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that a GPU accelerated VP9 software decoder for its PowerVR Series6 Rogue graphics processors (GPUs) is available from partner MulticoreWare.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MulticoreWare, Peter McGuinness, Matt Frost, Media Player, MWC23, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
On2 Releases Hantro Multiformat Hardware Decoder with On2 VP6 Support
Oct 8, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that it has released its new flagship hardware video decoder design, the Hantro™ 9190. The 9190 is the tenth generation of the Hantro line of decoders.
News categories: On2, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Streaming
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward