Digital TV News: Michael Goodman
Global spend on TV and Video will reach $559 billion in 2022
Aug 14, 2018 – Strategy Analytics has forecast that global consumer and advertising spend on TV and video will grow from $490 billion in 2017 to $559 billion in 2022, an increase of $69 billion. Spend on OTT video will account for 90% of the growth.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Successful operators will embrace $312Bn enterprise video opportunity
May 1, 2018 – Enterprise video markets such as eLearning, Video Communications and Video Surveillance should be targeted by operators looking to benefit from the transition to IP-based services over the next few years, according to a study from Strategy Analytics, sponsored by Huawei.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Huawei, Andreas Koehler, Michael Goodman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global video revenues hit $70bn in 2017
Mar 6, 2018 – Online services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have transformed the video business in recent years, but according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics, revenue increases will be even higher in the next four years than in the previous four years.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
250 million households now pay for streaming video services
Feb 27, 2018 – The number of households worldwide which pay for streaming video services such as Netflix and Amazon Video has now broken through the 250 million mark, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Pay TV firms to continue to dominate $126bn US video/TV market
Jun 21, 2017 – The video and TV market is changing, but not as fast as many people are suggesting. In a new report, Strategy Analytics predicts that annual spending on subscription video and TV services in the US will peak at $130.3B in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, David Mercer, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
5G could herald another wave of TV disruption
Feb 6, 2017 – TV and video delivery is likely to become a core capability of next generation 5G wireless services according to Strategy Analytics. Recent demonstrations have suggested that 5G will support 1Gbps data throughput rates.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Sue Rudd, Michael Goodman, David Mercer, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
First sign of saturation in U.S. video streaming market
May 25, 2016 – The first sign that the U.S. video streaming market is approaching saturation is revealed in a new forecast from research and consulting firm, Strategy Analytics, which shows the growth rate slowing for the first time.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica