Digital TV News: Michel Azibert
Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
Feb 14, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Afghanistan Broadcasting System (ABS) have signed a contract for video capacity on EUTELSAT 53A. ABS will use EUTELSAT 53A’s Ku-band resources over Central Asia to provide nationwide coverage for the launch of its DTH platform, Oqaab HD+.
News categories: Eutelsat, Afghanistan Broadcasting System, Michel Azibert, Andi Wilmers, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
Feb 12, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has signed simultaneous multi-year contracts with the Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation and the Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters for video capacity on its EUTELSAT 8 West B satellite.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation, Michel Azibert, Messay Hurissa, Anman Fissehazion, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Orange Slovensko extends TV offer to satellite with Eutelsat
Sep 14, 2018 – Orange Slovensko has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) expanding its pay-TV offer via satellite and enabling a nationwide reach across Slovakia. Orange will broadcast from EUTELSAT 16A to reach households not covered by its FTTH network.
News categories: Eutelsat, Orange, Michel Azibert, Pavol Lančarič, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Satellite, Slovakia
Media Group Ukraine takes capacity on Eutelsat 9B
Jul 31, 2018 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has signed a contract with Media Group Ukraine for broadcasting services on its EUTELSAT 9B satellite. Media Group Ukraine will broadcast 'Xtra TV', one of the country’s leading pay-TV platforms.
News categories: Eutelsat, Media Group Ukraine, Michel Azibert, Alexey Kurakin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
Fiji selects EUTELSAT 172B to provide universal TV access
Nov 23, 2017 – Walesi, the Fijian Government’s Digital Television infrastructure management company, has signed a multi-year agreement with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) that will for the first time expand free-to-air television throughout Fiji.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Melanesia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Eutelsat 7/8°W reaching over 56 million TV homes in the MENA region
Nov 14, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has presented the results of a survey on TV trends across the Middle East and North Africa. Satellite TV reception in the MENA region has continued to increase its market-share and now reaches into 59 million homes.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Eutelsat announces acquisition of NOORSAT
Oct 13, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has acquired NOORSAT from Bahrain’s Orbit Holding Group. NOORSAT is the premier distributor of Eutelsat capacity in the Middle East, providing services almost exclusively from Eutelsat’s neighbourhoods at 7/8°W and 25.5°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, NOORSAT, Michel Azibert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Middle-East, Satellite
Cyfrowy Polsat scales up at Eutelsat’s HOTBIRD position
Sep 6, 2017 – Cyfrowy Polsat has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) for the lease of multiple transponders. The agreement covers the extension of existing capacity and expansion at the HOTBIRD video position.
News categories: Eutelsat, Cyfrowy Polsat, Michel Azibert, Dariusz Działkowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite
Joyne selects Eutelsat for new Dutch DTH service
Jul 17, 2017 – Joyne has selected the EUTELSAT 9B satellite as its platform to reach viewers in the Netherlands and across Europe. Joyne has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and is preparing to officially launch on 24 July.
News categories: Eutelsat, Joyne, Michel Azibert, Hans Brunas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024