Digital TV News: Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
Cabinet revises guidelines for providing DTH services in India
Dec 23, 2020 – The Union Cabinet has approved a proposal for revision of the guidelines for obtaining license for providing Direct-To-Home (DTH) broadcasting service in India.
News categories: Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite
TRAI issues recommendations on set-top box interoperability
Apr 10, 2020 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations that all set-top-boxes in India must support technical interoperability in principle, i.e. every STB provided to a consumer must be interoperable.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, CAM, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
Jul 10, 2019 – According to figures submitted to TRAI, active satellite pay TV subscriptions in India reached 72.44 million at the end of March 2019, up 1.95 million versus the end of the previous quarter, and up 4.91 million year-on-year.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Videocon d2h adds 210,000 net subscribers in 3Q 2017
Nov 28, 2017 – Videocon d2h (NASDAQ:VDTH) has announced results for the quarter ended September 30, 2017. The Company added 0.45 million gross subscribers and 0.21 million net subscribers during Q2 FY18. Net subscribers totaled 13.25 million as of September 30, 2017.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Reliance BIG TV to be acquired by Pantel & Veecon Media and Television
Nov 27, 2017 – Reliance Communications (RCOM) has entered into a binding Share Purchase Agreement with Pantel Technologies and Veecon Media & Television for the sale of its subsidiary Reliance BIG TV Limited (RBTV), engaged in the business of DTH TV services across India.
News categories: Reliance Communications, Pantel Technologies, Vijender Singh, Digital TV, India, MandA, Satellite
Reliance Big TV to continue under Veecon ownership
Nov 6, 2017 – Reliance Communications (RCOM) has entered into a binding Memorandum Of Understanding with Veecon Media and Television Limited, for sale of its subsidiary Reliance BIG TV Limited (RBTV), engaged in the business of Direct to Home (DTH) services across India.
News categories: Reliance Communications, Digital TV, India, MandA, Satellite
Dish TV India adds 186,000 subscribers in 2Q 2017
Aug 17, 2017 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2017. Net additions at 0.186 million were higher by 12.7% on a Q-o-Q basis. Churn at 1% p.m. was slightly higher than the 0.9% p.m. in the previous quarter.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, MandA, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
TRAI issues recommendations for DTT transition in India
Jan 31, 2017 – As a result of its consultation on digital terrestrial broadcasting, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations on key issues associated with the implementation of DTT across the country.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Terrestrial
Dish TV India adds 204,000 subscribers in 4Q 2016
Jan 30, 2017 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV) has reported its third quarter fiscal 2017 results. The company added 204 thousand subscribers during the quarter to close with a subscriber base of 15.3 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying