Digital TV News: Ministry of Communications
Ateme helps Fórum SBTVD choose video coding system for TV 3.0 standard
Mar 10, 2022 – Ateme has announced that the Brazilian Terrestrial Television System Forum (Fórum SBTVD) used its TITAN Live solution to select VVC as the sole mandatory video coding system for the countries new TV 3.0 broadcasting standard.
News categories: Ateme, Fórum SBTVD, Mickael Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
Jan 18, 2022 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has recommended to the Brazilian government the selection of several technologies proposed by ATSC for Brazil's next-generation terrestrial digital television standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Skip Pizzi, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
South Africa begins analogue TV switch-off
Mar 16, 2021 – South Africa has started with the phased switch-off of analogue television transmitters in the Free State. The process, carried out province-by-province, is expected to complete by the end of March 2022.
News categories: Ministry of Communications and Digital Technologies, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
Feb 14, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Afghanistan Broadcasting System (ABS) have signed a contract for video capacity on EUTELSAT 53A. ABS will use EUTELSAT 53A’s Ku-band resources over Central Asia to provide nationwide coverage for the launch of its DTH platform, Oqaab HD+.
News categories: Eutelsat, Afghanistan Broadcasting System, Michel Azibert, Andi Wilmers, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Speedcast provides DTH for Malaysia's digital TV switchover
Nov 22, 2018 – Speedcast (ASX: SDA) has announced that it will play a key role in Malaysia's switch from analogue TV to digital TV through a DTH solution. Speedcast has partnered with MYTV Broadcasting for the project.
News categories: Speedcast, MYTV Broadcasting, Pierre-Jean Beylier, Michael Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Terrestrial
South Africa begins analogue switch-off
Oct 25, 2016 – South Africa began the first phase of Analogue Switch-Off (ASO) on Friday, 28 October 2016 in the Northern Cape. This major national milestone forms part of the country’s Broadcasting Digital Migration (BDM) process.
News categories: Ministry of Communications, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Partner Communications to launch IPTV in Israel in 1H2017
Sep 12, 2016 – Partner Communications (NASDAQ:PTNR) (TASE:PTNR) has announced that the Company plans to enter the television services market in the first half of 2017, and is finalizing arrangements for that objective.
News categories: Partner Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Singapore to complete switch to digital TV in 2017
Jan 22, 2016 – Singapore's Ministry of Communications and Information has said that it aims to complete the nationwide transition to digital broadcasting and switch off analogue broadcast in 2017.
News categories: Ministry of Communications and Information, Digital TV, Singapore, Terrestrial
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December