Digital TV News: Ministry of Communications
Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
Feb 14, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Afghanistan Broadcasting System (ABS) have signed a contract for video capacity on EUTELSAT 53A. ABS will use EUTELSAT 53A’s Ku-band resources over Central Asia to provide nationwide coverage for the launch of its DTH platform, Oqaab HD+.
News categories: Eutelsat, Afghanistan Broadcasting System, Michel Azibert, Andi Wilmers, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Speedcast provides DTH for Malaysia's digital TV switchover
Nov 22, 2018 – Speedcast (ASX: SDA) has announced that it will play a key role in Malaysia's switch from analogue TV to digital TV through a DTH solution. Speedcast has partnered with MYTV Broadcasting for the project.
News categories: Speedcast, MYTV Broadcasting, Pierre-Jean Beylier, Michael Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Terrestrial
South Africa begins analogue switch-off
Oct 25, 2016 – South Africa began the first phase of Analogue Switch-Off (ASO) on Friday, 28 October 2016 in the Northern Cape. This major national milestone forms part of the country’s Broadcasting Digital Migration (BDM) process.
News categories: Ministry of Communications, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Partner Communications to launch IPTV in Israel in 1H2017
Sep 12, 2016 – Partner Communications (NASDAQ:PTNR) (TASE:PTNR) has announced that the Company plans to enter the television services market in the first half of 2017, and is finalizing arrangements for that objective.
News categories: Partner Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel
Singapore to complete switch to digital TV in 2017
Jan 22, 2016 – Singapore's Ministry of Communications and Information has said that it aims to complete the nationwide transition to digital broadcasting and switch off analogue broadcast in 2017.
News categories: Ministry of Communications and Information, Digital TV, Singapore, Terrestrial
Ghana's digital migration deadline now March 2016
Jul 2, 2015 – Ghana will migrate fully to digital terrestrial television (DTT) by March 2016, the Ministry of Communications, has stated. Ghana had identified funding sources to implement the project at a cost of US$83 million.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Ministry of Communications, William Tevie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
Belarus completes switch to digital television
May 15, 2015 – The Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus (Minsvyazi) has announced that the country has completed its transition to digital TV broadcasting. On May 15, 2015, the final 10 analogue transmitters were switched off.
News categories: Minsvyazi, Belarus, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Ghana to resume digital TV migration project
Mar 9, 2015 – The Commercial Division of Ghana's High Court has dismissed the interlocutory injunction filed by Startimes DTV Ghana to prevent the Ministry of Communications (MoC) from implementing its DTT roadmap following the termination of the previous contract with Starimes.
News categories: Ministry of Communications, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
South Africa plans to migrate to digital 'within 2 years'
Feb 25, 2015 – In documents released to support South Africa's annual budget speech, the Ministry of Communications has outlined its financing requirements for migration of the country to digital broadcasting within 2 years.
News categories: Ministry of Communications, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering