Digital TV News: MyTV Super
MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
Nov 22, 2022 – Witbe (Euronext: FR0013143872 – ALWIT) has announced it will support MyTV Super's media operation center in its effort to deliver the best possible streaming video quality for its myTV SUPER platform to customers in Hong Kong.
News categories: Witbe, MyTV Super, Mathieu Planche, Rex Ching, Digital TV, Hong Kong, QoE, Streaming
TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
Jun 14, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Television Broadcast Limited (TVB) has deployed Harmonic's EyeQ content-aware encoding for its myTV SUPER OTT platform in Hong Kong. EyeQ encoding optimizes bandwidth for OTT services.
News categories: Harmonic, TVB, Tony Berthaud, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Streaming
Edgeware to acquire subtitling supplier Cavena Image Products
Jan 11, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that it is to acquire Swedish subtitling expert Cavena Image Products AB. The deal broadens Edgeware’s offering to broadcasters and content owners by adding subtitling automation to its origin solution.
News categories: Edgeware, Cavena, Karl Thedéen, Henrik Moberg, Digital TV, MandA, Mobile, Streaming, Sweden, Worldwide
Hong Kong's MyTV Super extends Verimatrix deployment to its OTT service
Sep 14, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that MyTV Super has extended its deployment of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Internet TV to provide over-the-top (OTT) video security for its myTV SUPER video service launched in 2016.
News categories: Verimatrix, MyTV Super, Steve Oetegenn, Rex Ching, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IBC2023, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming
TVB.COM simplifies Video On-Demand with NetApp
Mar 7, 2017 – NetApp has announced that TVB.COM has chosen NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) FAS storage for its origin server. TVB.COM has also implemented NetApp ONTAP, which enables it to easily upgrade software and add storage nodes, without impacting the always-on television service.
News categories: TVB.COM, NetApp, Rex Ching, Content Distribution, Hong Kong, Streaming
HKBN to acquire 450,000 additional STBs from TVB
Nov 7, 2016 – In order to fulfil customer demand, HKBN has decided to acquire 450,000 additional set-top boxes from TVB, raising the company's aggregate target to 850,000, the number of myTV SUPER boxes it expects will enter HKBN customer homes by end of 2019.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, William Yeung, Mark Lee, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Set Top Box, Streaming
100,000 subscriptions for Hong Kong's myTV SUPER OTT service
Jun 29, 2016 – HKBN and TVB have announced that they have garnered over 100,000 subscriptions to their myTV SUPER OTT service since its launch in April 2016. MyTV SUPER delivers over 19,000 hours of TVB self-produced and acquired programmes.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, Streaming, Subscribers
Hong Kong Broadband to bundle TVB's OTT TV
Feb 17, 2016 – Hong Kong Broadband (HKBN) has announced that it has signed an MOU with TVB to introduce bundled services which combine its high-speed home broadband with TVB’s soon-to-be launched OTT content service, myTV SUPER.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, William Yeung, Cheong Shin Keong, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Streaming
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029