Digital TV News: Netflix
TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
Jun 17, 2021 – TCL (1070.HK) and Roku have announced that they will be launching TCL Roku TV models in the UK. TCL Roku TV models will be available in both HD and 4K UHD resolution, in sizes ranging from 32” to 65”.
News categories: Roku, TCL Electronics, Arthur van Rest, Bernie Chen, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK, UX
Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
Jun 11, 2021 – The Carbon Trust has published a white paper examining the carbon impact of streaming VOD to enable future decisions to be based on informed understanding of the methods, complexity, and uncertainties involved.
News categories: Carbon Trust, DIMPACT, Andie Stephens, Glynn Roberts, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, Worldwide
VIZIO upgrades SmartCast TV platform with VIZIO Voice
Jun 4, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has shared details on an update to its SmartCast Smart TV platform. New models of SmartCast TVs will include a new push-to-talk Voice Remote with VIZIO Voice, helping to navigate apps and channels.
News categories: VIZIO, Chris Vinckier, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
47% of US broadband households subscribe to Prime Video
Jun 2, 2021 – Parks Associates research shows that 47% of US broadband households currently subscribe to Amazon Prime Video. The content rights deal between Amazon and the NFL will help increase the service’s uptake.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
BARB renews audience data contracts with Kantar
Jun 2, 2021 – BARB has announced that Kantar has won contracts to continue to deliver audience measurement for the UK TV industry, including expansion to report content ratings and viewing for streaming services.
News categories: Kantar, BARB, Adam Crozier, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
iWedia integrates with Android 11 on Synaptics reference platform
May 19, 2021 – iWedia has integrated Android 11 with the latest Synaptics VS640 SoC. The joint offering combines a reference platform for Google and Netflix from Synaptics, with software components and integration services from iWedia.
News categories: iWedia, Synaptics, Sunghoon Kim, Siddarth Chandrasekar, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
May 11, 2021 – Proximus and Amazon have joined forces to integrate the Prime Video app on the Proximus decoder. Customers with an Amazon Prime membership and the latest (Android TV) box can now access the Prime Video catalog.
News categories: Proximus, Prime Video, Stefaan Haerick, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
May 5, 2021 – At the Asia Video Industry Association's (AVIA) Future of Video India conference, industry leaders remained upbeat on the potential for growth despite a painful 2020 which had seen a 25% drop in TV advertising revenue.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Sunil Rayan, Megha Tata, Monika Shergill, Nimisha Pandey, Digital TV, India, Market Research
AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
May 3, 2021 – AirConsole has announced a casual gaming partnership with True Digital Group, the digital arm of Thailand's True Corporation, for its TrueID TV service. AirConsole games use the player's smartphone as a game controller.
News categories: AirConsole, True Digital Group, Anthony Cliquot, Marco Guida, Android TV, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Thailand
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics