Digital TV News: Netflix
Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
Nov 30, 2022 – Breezeline has extended its advanced fiber network into Durham, New Hampshire. The company has also introduced Breezeline Stream TV, a cloud-based service that integrates live TV, DVR, On Demand and streaming apps.
News categories: Breezeline, Aaron Brace, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming, USA
KONKA plans GCC region expansion
Nov 29, 2022 – KONKA (000016.SZ) is set to ramp up business expansion in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region with a focus on increasing its retail footprint and launching a series of new products tailored to local customers.
News categories: KONKA, Hursh Agrawal, Digital TV, Middle-East, Smart TV
In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
Nov 24, 2022 – According to Mediavision's analysis of the Swedish streaming market, advertising financed free services are now the biggest category in terms of weekly reach, mainly driven by the social media platforms.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Sweden
Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
Nov 22, 2022 – Accedo has worked with Janson Media to deploy its new media streaming service, JANSON TV. The service is powered by Accedo One, Accedo’s SaaS platform for white-label OTT multi-screen video services.
News categories: Accedo, Janson Media, Fredrik Andersson, Jesse Janson, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
Nov 21, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, global AVOD revenues for TV series and movies will reach $91 billion in 2028, up from $38 billion in 2022. The top 10 countries will represent 81% of the world’s total by 2028.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
U.S. TV usage rose again in October
Nov 17, 2022 – According to Nielsen, time spent watching TV in the U.S. climbed for the second consecutive month in October. The 2.2% monthly increase in TV consumption was underpinned by a nearly 10% jump in broadcast viewing compared to September.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
holoride in-car entertainment platform launches on select Audi models
Nov 2, 2022 – holoride has announced the release of its platform for select Audi vehicles in Germany from mid-November. The add-on package provides a variety of games and apps that all use live ride info to bring content to life in a new media paradigm.
News categories: holoride, Audi, Nils Wollny, Giorgio Delucchi, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Metaverse
TCL Roku TV models coming to Australia
Nov 3, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that TCL Roku TV models will be coming to Australia. Starting in early November, Australian consumers can purchase 4K UHD TCL Roku TV models in 55" or 65" screen sizes.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Arthur van Rest, Australia, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS
BARB makes Netflix viewing reporting widely available
Nov 2, 2022 – Netflix is now included in BARB's UK audience measurement for live and VOSDAL (viewed on same day as live) viewing, known as overnight viewing, as well as consolidated viewing, for viewing over a 7-day, 28-day or any user-defined period.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange